Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

World Cup Draw

2»

Comments

• Options

I always thought that the eight seeds (Or however many Groups there are) were based on how you did in that last tournament rather than your World Ranking?

No -world rankings. The only impact previous tournaments have are those within the last four years that count in those rankings, if you see what I mean FA?
  • Options

Happy enough as missed/am missing Slovenia and Lithuania this time.

The Jocks in competitive games will be great occasions.

Slovakia will hopefully be less lively than 2004.

Hopefully Malta will fall in June or Sept - anyone know how big their ground is? The 2000 game out there was before my time.

It's about 17,000 if I remember rightly. Went there in 1999 for the Republic of Ireland EC qualifier and we were lucky to get away with a 3-2 win. You won't have any such problems!!

Stadium is a bit of a mare to get to in the middle of the country, with all the tourist resorts being round the coastline. Stayed in St Julian's and one of the local bars laid on a coach for a few quid each as there were so many of us. I'd get yourself into an English bar when you get there if you can and see if they fancy doing the same - should be ok as they're getting you in before and after the match.
  • Options
    At least they wont be stupid enough to put the Scotland game on a friday night, so that the Tartan Army (aka best fans in the world...) dont spend the day drinking all over London....
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

At least they wont be stupid enough to put the Scotland game on a friday night, so that the Tartan Army (aka best fans in the world...) dont spend the day drinking all over London....

why would it be a stupid idea?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

DOH!