Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

the ticket barcode till machine thing

2»

Comments

• Options

My ticket wouldn't scan as the machine crashed when it said 'enter' and wouldn't release the turnstile. The steward by the machine said I'd have to wait for it to un freeze but the other steward told me to try the turnstile next to it which let me in. Not sure if this means it allows double entry on one ticket (meaning you could pass back your ticket for someone else to enter on it? )

The system selling the new tickets by all accounts is very very slow according to the office staff and it did seem to take a while to print the tickets.

Didn't expect it to be perfect but the scenes outside the west at 2.40 were alarming with queues everywhere and confusion of where to join and then stewards selling east stand tickets to the queue meaning people pushed in and bypassed the long queue. Stewards didn't really help informing people where to go or which queue to join.

Worse scenes at HT though when it took ages to queue out of the ladies loo because of the amount of people queuing for food and drink. The queue didn't move so husband gave up queuing and we stayed thirsty. Shame they didn't open up more kiosks or at least the same number but more spaced out.

Also obstreperous 'fans' who sat in any old seat allowing those unfamiliar with seats miss lots of the game whilst arguing with the stewards why it didn't matter they had sat down their brood where they fancied and claimed they couldn't find their tickets when the steward offered to help them find their seats. Horrible people. Why be so rude and awkward.

No idea about that sofa thing or George Gilbey. What an odd creature he is.

Other than that, a stress free day out....................
    Haha. Actually really enjoyed it as was out with mates for my birthday. However, it hasn't made me want to buy a season ticket and I'll still pick and choose when I go to games. Hopefully as it was a pre season friendly lessons will be learnt.

I was mightily impressed with the pitch and the stadium itself, the big screen, the action replays, the kit, some our our team and johnnie Jackson warming up right in front of me.
  • Options

T.C.E said:

Sounds like it'll be right easy bringing 3 of my doughnut kids never mind my useless impatient self
    Although in all honesty it's probably proper simple but we are overloaded with doughnuts as a fan base

Get down to Asdas and have practice run with a tin of beans....... Happy to Help ;)
    Unexpected item in turnstile area.....
    Won't be happening this season, the spanners are not in our league.
  • Options

My ticket wouldn't scan as the machine crashed when it said 'enter' and wouldn't release the turnstile. The steward by the machine said I'd have to wait for it to un freeze but the other steward told me to try the turnstile next to it which let me in. Not sure if this means it allows double entry on one ticket (meaning you could pass back your ticket for someone else to enter on it? )

The system selling the new tickets by all accounts is very very slow according to the office staff and it did seem to take a while to print the tickets.

Didn't expect it to be perfect but the scenes outside the west at 2.40 were alarming with queues everywhere and confusion of where to join and then stewards selling east stand tickets to the queue meaning people pushed in and bypassed the long queue. Stewards didn't really help informing people where to go or which queue to join.

Worse scenes at HT though when it took ages to queue out of the ladies loo because of the amount of people queuing for food and drink. The queue didn't move so husband gave up queuing and we stayed thirsty. Shame they didn't open up more kiosks or at least the same number but more spaced out.

Also obstreperous 'fans' who sat in any old seat allowing those unfamiliar with seats miss lots of the game whilst arguing with the stewards why it didn't matter they had sat down their brood where they fancied and claimed they couldn't find their tickets when the steward offered to help them find their seats. Horrible people. Why be so rude and awkward.

Haha. Actually really enjoyed it as was out with mates for my birthday. However, it hasn't made me want to buy a season ticket and I'll still pick and choose when I go to games. Hopefully as it was a pre season friendly lessons will be learnt.

I was mightily impressed with the pitch and the stadium itself, the big screen, the action replays, the kit, some our our team and johnnie Jackson warming up right in front of me.
    Why had he pulled his shorts right up his bum?
  • Options

T.C.E said:

Sounds like it'll be right easy bringing 3 of my doughnut kids never mind my useless impatient self
    Although in all honesty it's probably proper simple but we are overloaded with doughnuts as a fan base

Get down to Asdas and have practice run with a tin of beans....... Happy to Help ;)
    Unexpected item in turnstile area.....
    A fool ?
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Why had he pulled his shorts right up his bum?
    I told him to pose for a pic so I could send it to you. That's what he came up with!
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Now we can print the tickets at home does this mean the club will stop charging £1 booking charge for every ticket? I mean there will be no postage.

If not I will say I don't have a printer and I'll make them post the tickets out.
  • Options
    I go with my elderly ambulance disabled dad, we use the east stand 'exit' gate as an entrance as he isn't able to get through the turnstile.

Anybody know if this will still be possible with the card/barcode system?
  • Options

I go with my elderly ambulance disabled dad, we use the east stand 'exit' gate as an entrance as he isn't able to get through the turnstile.

They must have thought that through mustn't they?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maybe they've got the extra wide turnstile like what you get at Tube stations
  • Options

Yes it is.
  • Options
    Thanks for help, I know he is a bit worried.