Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Players that came and disappointed after looking like a decent signing not by injury...

2»

Comments

• Mikel alonso

Saw him in the pre season @ Bromley and he oozed quality......6 weeks or so later and complete opposite in that TV game v Brentford.
  • Davo55 said:

Martin Pringle. Still can't quite believe he hit the post from 3 yards when slap bang in front centre of an empty goal.

Walsall away? He did well when he first joined us though. Him and Graham Stuart almost added that bit extra to keep us up.
  • Simon Francis
    Barry Endean
  • Pawel Abbott, scored goals everywhere he'd been then joined us
  • Luke Varney
  • Marvin Sordell (bar the last two/three games that he played for us). Was really excited about him signing.
  • Chris iwulemo
  • Neil Redfern
    Franny Jeffers
    John Barnes
  • Chris Powell, average full back and didn't score anything like enough.
  • Sponsored links:

• John Barnes was toilet too
  • edited July 2015
    El Khalej - decent amount of games for Southampton before joining us
  • Neil Redfearn. Don't think I've ever been more pleased with a signing but then...but then....and that penalty miss I can't forgive....
  • Fumbluff said:

Neil Redfearn. Don't think I've ever been more pleased with a signing but then...but then....and that penalty miss I can't forgive....

I seem to recall he was our first million pound signing or am I mistaken?
  • Fumbluff said:

Neil Redfearn. Don't think I've ever been more pleased with a signing but then...but then....and that penalty miss I can't forgive....

I seem to recall he was our first million pound signing or am I mistaken?
    I think he was, just eclipsing Christoper Robin Powell at £850k-ish at the time
  • Simon Church
  • Simon Church

Not forgetting Marvin Sordell who was signed at the same time
  • Forgot about sordell. Thought he was an absolute steal. Turns out he was turd for most of the season.
  • Sponsored links:

• ross1 said:

Simon Church

yeah must admit when I saw we signed Church and loaned Sordell, I was convinced we had goals in us that season lol
  • ross1 said:

Simon Church

yeah must admit when I saw we signed Church and loaned Sordell, I was convinced we had goals in us that season lol
    I've forgiven Sordell his dreadful season for that one game away to Sheffield Wednesday- Church doesn't get a similar reprieve.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Always felt like there was more to come from Pringle, he had some moves. But he gets a pass for the Newcastle equaliser and being ridiculously unlucky with his injuries.

I'm afraid Pringles moves were never crisp enough for me.

• JiMMy 85 said:

Always felt like there was more to come from Pringle, he had some moves. But he gets a pass for the Newcastle equaliser and being ridiculously unlucky with his injuries.

I'm afraid Pringles moves were never crisp enough for me.

That was awful...

• Chris Eagles. Genuinely thought he was top class, appears that years of being a journeyman found him out.
  • Paul Williams second time round was a disappointment, as was Danny mills albeit for different reasons...
  • Chris Eagles. Genuinely thought he was top class, appears that years of being a journeyman found him out.

I thought Eagles did a job myself.