Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Championship Points 2015/16

Derby County Points 76-78
Middlesbrough Points 75.5-77.5
Brentford Points 71.5-73.5
Hull Points 71-73
Burnley Points 69.5-71.5
Ipswich Points 68-70
Wolves Points 68-70
QPR Points 66.5-68.5
Bristol City Points 61 -63
Sheffield Wednesday Points 61.5-63.5
Cardiff Points 60.5-62.5
Blackburn Points 60.5-62.5
Nottm Forest Points 60.5-62.5
Preston Points 60.5-62.5
Brighton Points 58.5-60.5
Reading Points 58-60
Fulham Points 57-59
MK Dons Points 56.5-58.5
Leeds Points 56-58
Birmingham Points 55-57
Huddersfield Points 54-56
Bolton Points 53-55
Charlton Points 51-53
Rotherham Points 50-52

Sporting Index Prices

Comments

• Yeah that list means nothing to me!

I'm saying 74.
  • tempted to buy at that price but I don't do online betting
  • nor me ... how does this work ... I'm sure we will get a lot more than 51-53 points
  • You have buy points on Charlton there. I would hope for at least 65 points this season.

I have a feeling QPR and Brentford could struggle this season so i would definitely go lower on those points .
  • two way price from the bookie where they will buy our end of season points and where they will sell our end of season points
    spread bet
    surely we are cheap !
  • Sell:
    Preston
    Brentford

Buy:
    Bolton
  • How does it work?
    Am I saying 'I have a fiver that says Charlton will get at least 65 points', and if they do he gambling company give me:

(65-53) x £5 = £60

And if Charlton get less than 65 points the gambling company keep my fiver?
  • seth plum said:

How does it work?
    Am I saying 'I have a fiver that says Charlton will get at least 65 points', and if they do he gambling company give me:

(65-53) x £5 = £60

Not quite.

You 'buy' at 53 for £x per point. If we get 55 points you win 2x - if we get 65 points you win 12x - if we get 45 points you lose 8x - and so on.

• bobmunro said:

seth plum said:

How does it work?

(65-53) x £5 = £60

Not quite.

You 'buy' at 53 for £x per point. If we get 55 points you win 2x - if we get 65 points you win 12x - if we get 45 points you lose 8x - and so on.

So I might lose more than my fiver?
  • seth plum said:

bobmunro said:

seth plum said:

How does it work?

(65-53) x £5 = £60

Not quite.

So I might lose more than my fiver?
    Yep
  • Sponsored links:

• So who holds the purse and for how long? Presumably under the system I have to lodge:

53x£5 or £265 somewhere, and hope to get all of it back sometime, plus more, and pray that I don't get back less than I have lodged somewhere.
    Meanwhile whoever is holding the money for the length of the season is earning interest on it.
  • seth plum said:

So who holds the purse and for how long? Presumably under the system I have to lodge:

53x£5 or £265 somewhere, and hope to get all of it back sometime, plus more, and pray that I don't get back less than I have lodged somewhere.
    Meanwhile whoever is holding the money for the length of the season is earning interest on it.

Correct - you need to cover your maximum loss (you can however limit the profit or loss to less than the maximums).

That's Spread Betting - not for the faint-hearted!
  • Buy
    Charlton
    Leeds

Sell
    Brentford
    Wednesday
  • IMO, we will be stronger than last season, so that is a major 'buy' for me.
  • Or you back Charlton in a Handicap bet. SKYBET will give you 18/1 on Charlton winning the Championship with a 24 point start. All other teams in league are also handicapped Derby an Borough off scratch, Ipswich 13 point start and Rotheram 29 point start. Etc

So on first day of season Rotheram are top with 29 points Charlton second with 24 etc whilst Derby are bottom with none.

At end of season if our actual points tally plus the handicap puts us top you win ! So if you fancy Charlton to get 68 points then with handicap that becomes 92 .

Simples get on now .
  • Bought Charlton points @ 53
  • Buy - Charlton
    Sell - Brentford and Wolves
  • OK, I kind of know how suggesting that Charlton will get more than 53 points would work, but what does 'selling' mean, how does that work?
  • Ive bought Charlton's points @ 53.Seth selling means you would be betting on less than 51pts for Charlton so for every point under 51 you win that times your stake so say they finished on 45 you would win 6 times your stake but if Charlton get the expected 80 points you would lose 29 times your stake!!! Spread betting is the best form of betting but is not for the faint hearted and very volatile
  • edited July 2015
    seth plum said:

OK, I kind of know how suggesting that Charlton will get more than 53 points would work, but what does 'selling' mean, how does that work?

The quote is 51-53 - so you buy at 53 and sell at 51. If you sell you think we will get less than 51.

If you sold at 51 for £x per point then if we managed 48 points you would win 3x, 40 points would win you 11x - but if we did better than you thought and got 60 points you would lose 9x.

Edit: KK beat me to it!
  • Sponsored links:

• Or you back Charlton in a Handicap bet. SKYBET will give you 18/1 on Charlton winning the Championship with a 24 point start. All other teams in league are also handicapped Derby an Borough off scratch, Ipswich 13 point start and Rotheram 29 point start. Etc

So on first day of season Rotheram are top with 29 points Charlton second with 24 etc whilst Derby are bottom with none.

At end of season if our actual points tally plus the handicap puts us top you win ! So if you fancy Charlton to get 68 points then with handicap that becomes 92 .

Simples get on now .

The best bet out there if you believe Charlton will be a top 8 side this season
  • Ive bought Charlton's points @ 53.Seth selling means you would be betting on less than 51pts for Charlton so for every point under 51 you win that times your stake so say they finished on 45 you would win 6 times your stake but if Charlton get the expected 80 points you would lose 29 times your stake!!! Spread betting is the best form of betting but is not for the faint hearted and very volatile

I don't think Charlton will get less than 53 points but more. However I also don't think Bristol city will manage 63 points. So assuming my 'units' were fivers, I would have to put down a total of 116 fivers, or £580 for a season and see what happens,
    is that it?
  • The points will move during the season. If we beat QPR the price might change to 52/54
  • seth plum said:

Ive bought Charlton's points @ 53.Seth selling means you would be betting on less than 51pts for Charlton so for every point under 51 you win that times your stake so say they finished on 45 you would win 6 times your stake but if Charlton get the expected 80 points you would lose 29 times your stake!!! Spread betting is the best form of betting but is not for the faint hearted and very volatile

I don't think Charlton will get less than 53 points but more. However I also don't think Bristol city will manage 63 points. So assuming my 'units' were fivers, I would have to put down a total of 116 fivers, or £580 for a season and see what happens,
    is that it?
    Your maximum liability would be around that (£600 I think if Charlton finished the season with 0 points and Bristol with 138) but you don't have to put all the money down with the bookie up front. Not sure why.
  • Don't dorget you can close out the position and take profit/limit your losses.

If after ten games we were on say 24 points, our spread would be much higher and you can cash out for want of a better phrase at that current rate. The spread will move all the time according to current form and points in the bag.
  • Charlton Leeds and Bolton will do better than that
  • I can't believe Brentford are that high.
  • Am thinking of selling Brentford as like ValleyGary says can't believe they are that high and also tempted to sell MK Dons too
  • That's it Seth £580 is the most you can lose if both teams don't get any points which isn't going to happen!!!
  • If I was into online gambling, I would sell Forest (under transfer embargo) and Preston (not got enough class) and look to buy Charlton (some good transfers on paper); Brentford have signed some good players (on a par with us I would say?) and based on their high placing last year, may be up around the 70-point area again?