Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2014/15 Season Highlights DVD

I rang the club to enquire about this today, as there's been no reference to it on CAFC website. A group of us like to watch the DVD of the previous season over a few jars in order to work ourselves into a frenzy, alternatively, a modicum of excitement and anticipation ahead of the big kick off. Thus it has been since 1987 and the days of 'Finches Sports', recorders of weddings, birthdays, barmitzvahs and Charlton Athletic home games at Selhurst Park.

Alas, it transpires that the company who put together last year's DVD have gone bust and the club are looking for a replacement. Accordingly, there is no scheduled release date - assuming it eventually happens. I really hope it does, as, apart from the fact that we scored some cracking goals last season and other highlights, such as the emergence of Joe Gomez, it would be a real shame to break the sequence. I recall that, following our dismal relegation season from the Championship when money was extremely tight, Airman and the club had to work very hard to secure a minimum number of subscribers before proceeding with production of the DVD but eventually it got done. I'm sure people at the club will do what they can to get last season's version into production and on the shelves.

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Funny you should post this now - I was only thinking myself that I hadn't seen anything about the club issuing a DVD of last season's goals.

Unlike you, I've a horrible feeling that we won't get one. Just have this feeling that those at the club who decide upon these matters no longer have the Charlton connection that people like Airman does and probably don't see any great need to safeguard the club's history by producing such a DVD. Throw in the fact that it probably is not in revenue terms a great earner for the club and it's only too easy to see that they won't bother.

However, I will be personally very sad if they don't as these DVDs provide a great record of the club.

• Options

Don't know who you spoke to, but we've already had two drafts of the DVD through to look at and will be finalising it in the coming days.
    We'll have news on the OS of a release date very soon.

Source?

: - )
  • Options
    Thanks, Olly - that's excellent news. I was put through to someone in the commercial department or club shop who obviously wasn't aware of the current state of play. I look forward to seeing the DVD once it hits the shelves.
  • Options

Don't know who you spoke to, but we've already had two drafts of the DVD through to look at and will be finalising it in the coming days.

Assuming that's true, I owe you a big apology!!!
  • Options
    Does anyone have any more info on this or is this just a dead end?
  • Options
    Dbag87 said:

Does anyone have any more info on this or is this just a dead end?

Keep on enjoying the 2013-14 highlights dvd until last season's is released!!
  • Options
    Gotta love a season highlights video/Dvd! I still watch the early 90s mid 90's ones, well I did until my video player packed in
  • Options
    Gotta love a season highlights video/Dvd! I still watch the early 90s mid 90's ones, well I did until my video player packed in
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    uie2 said:

did you find it kept rewinding a few seconds & playing the same thing again?
  • Options

There must be some amazing special effects based on how long it's taken. Is Jar Jar Binks going to be playing centre half instead of Bikey and, maybe, C3PO for Simon Church?

Or was the person signing it off one of the old duffers that KM very cleverly sacked?
  • Options
    It's simply not as important a revenue stream as saving teabags. And anyway it's tradition and The new lot likes to wipe their bum all over that.
  • Options
    Received news yesterday afternoon that we should expect delivery on Monday.
    All being well, you should be able to get your hands on a copy by this time next week.
  • Options

Received news yesterday afternoon that we should expect delivery on Monday.
    All being well, you should be able to get your hands on a copy by this time next week.

Thanks, Olly. Good news.
  • Options
    Have I missed this @Ollywozere? Was this ever actually available to order?

Would like to add to the collection as much as it pains me to put £ into RD's pocket.
  • Options
    yes, available now from the ticket office but not the shop.

• Options
    I bet you will not be able to wait for the 2015-2016 DVD
  • Options

yes, available now from the ticket office but not the shop.

Only when it's open though.....