Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Monkey Gesture Middelsbro fan found guilty

2»

Comments

• Options

TelMc32 said:

This came up at work this afternoon, speaking with Boro mate. Apparently they (the courts) googled and researched the fella's claim that it was an "established local gesture" meaning "the pits".

My Boro pal could have saved them the trouble. A load of old cobblers...not sure if there's a hand signal for that or not!!

You do know some shady Boro types to be fair................
    Don't we just mate!!! :smiley:
  • Options
    I read in the paper that they got a local expert in on Teesside traditions (or something along those lines) who confirmed the mans claim that what he done is known as 'the pits'
  • Options
    ilovelucy said:

se9addick said:

ilovelucy said:

(The racist intent of this 'Boro fan apart), I would be happy to be compared to a monkey, albeit that they are streets ahead in terms of TRUE intelligence, in a league table where human primates come dead last.

How does that intelligence manifest ?
    The monkeys, like other sentient beings, accept their design for life. However, we modern humans, do everything to deviate from nature's design, and in doing so, we are absolutely guaranteeing our own extinction.
    I'll have to remember this one the next time my missus catches me scratching my arse
  • Options
    ilovelucy said:

se9addick said:

ilovelucy said:

(The racist intent of this 'Boro fan apart), I would be happy to be compared to a monkey, albeit that they are streets ahead in terms of TRUE intelligence, in a league table where human primates come dead last.

The monkeys, like other sentient beings, accept their design for life. However, we modern humans, do everything to deviate from nature's design, and in doing so, we are absolutely guaranteeing our own extinction.
    So monkeys don't use tools?

• Options
    Addickted said:

ilovelucy said:

se9addick said:

ilovelucy said:

So monkeys don't use tools?

Monkey wrench?
  • Options
    ilovelucy said:

All very well, but you never see one on Countdown, or a Monkey for that matter.
  • Options
    That is the weirdest monkey gesture I've ever seen. The bloke would have been better off just telling the court that he was calling them a bunch of w@nkers rather than coming up with some convoluted story about "the pits"
  • Options
    Either way, at his age he should know better.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    I do chuckle when I see grown man making vigorous hand signals at the opposition. Like they've never stopped for a moment and considered how ludicrous it is or how silly they look. Besides, it's just a hand waving around. Reminds of the Seinfeld bit; "I'd be a lot more offended if someone gave me the toe instead of the finger. It's much more difficult, you gotta take the shoe off, then the sock, lift the leg in the air..."