Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Any tips on Large hall hire Kent/South East London

300+ capacity and bar etc

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Dare I say The Valley
  • Options
    Tried that, someone at the club asked for me, £7500 was the first quote, he got it down to £4500 but still way too high for my pockets.
  • Options
    Acacia hall in Dartford?
  • Options
    Trafalgar tavern?
  • Options
    The Erith and Belvedere side of Park View Road? Can't think now how big it is though might be a bit too small.
  • Options
    The Masonic hall in Bromley Common. No idea on cost though
  • Options
    Belvedere Working Mens Club. No idea on cost either. Recently re-furbished though.
  • Options
    Flamingo Park was a good venue mate, sure it was free if you spent a certain amount behind the jump, late licence, good access just off A20....
  • Options
    Beaverwood Club in Eltham
  • Options
    Cheers all, will look into these
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2015

Beaverwood Club in Eltham

It's on the Chislehurst/Sidcup border alongside the A20. I'm there Saturday night actually for a wedding reception.
    (Should have been there all afternoon as well :smile: )
  • Options
    Sidcup rugby club
  • Options
    Marquee in Dartford park?
  • Options
    Trafalgar Tavern - you'll need a mortgage for that place (just for the hall hire)
    Beaverwood Club - good choice
    Sidcup Rugby Club - would be top of my list

Would also check out the Boathouse in Danson Park, great venue with nice bar and available to hire
  • Options

Sidcup rugby club

Trafalgar Tavern - you'll need a mortgage for that place (just for the hall hire)
    Beaverwood Club - good choice
    Sidcup Rugby Club - would be top of my list

Would also check out the Boathouse in Danson Park, great venue with nice bar and available to hire

Sidcup Sports Club please - us former cricketers at the Club still get most offended by it being referred to as the "Rugby Club" let alone the likes of my son who, despite playing cricket for Bexley, plays Tennis there ;-(

I would check that it can hold 300+ because I suspect that it may be pushing or even beyond its capacity.
  • Options
    Bexleyheath Sports Club. Ask for Michelle, she'll put you right. Not sure whether they can hold 300 though. Say John from Plumstead Runners suggested it.
  • Options
    The Trafalgar certainly isn't 7,500 surely? I didn't pay that anyway even tho it was a few years ago. Different owners now but also cheaper if you hire it on a Friday.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

The Trafalgar certainly isn't 7,500 surely? I didn't pay that anyway even tho it was a few years ago. Different owners now but also cheaper if you hire it on a Friday.

A friend of mine booked it for a christening last year and definitely didn't pay anywhere near that.
  • Options
    Not sure if you want to look this far afield but pub's in the city offer amazing rates.

I had a party here and had the entire pub. Just had to spend £2k on the bar.....easily done (includes decent food)

http://the-counting-house.com/
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

I was quoted £3.5k on a Friday and £5k on a Saturday just for hiring the hall....that was before the food which you have to have which was eye watering

(this was in Jan 2014)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just looked back at my doc as still on my system. I paid £1,700 to hire it on a Friday in 2007. Touch! The rest of it was eye watering mind but he doesn't say its for a wedding anyway. it could be just for a party.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

7500 was for the valley north stand, even my club contact gasped
  • Options
    Yes I know I was referring to eltham's comment about how the Trafalgar was expensive... but nothing like as expensive as the Valley it seems.
  • Options
    when we dropped out the Prem and i wa still on the big shilling i asked about hiring a box for a season was quoted £21,000----- no food included !
  • Options

when we dropped out the Prem and i wa still on the big shilling i asked about hiring a box for a season was quoted £21,000----- no food included !

You can hve my box for 10k GH and I'll throw in a sandwich an all!
  • Options
    Try Princess Park (home of Dartford FC) fantastic venue although not sure of cost.
  • Options
    Princess Park is a good shout, very few of the other suggestions would be able to take 300+
  • Options

Princess Park is a good shout, very few of the other suggestions would be able to take 300+

What about Flamingo Park, Boss?
  • Options
    Emailed a few, waiting for replys

Thanks all
  • Options

The boss is right. The Freemantle Hall, Bexley is massive but fire regs say the capacity is 120.