Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

George Foreman Grill

The kids have just bought us one of these as an anniversary present. Has anyone got any good 'recipes' or cooking suggestions? Cheers.

Comments

• Options
    Nice steak and tip make sure it's on ;-)
  • Options
    Assorted cuts of animal flesh of varying fauna ad derivation, grilled to a crisp on one side and saturated with their own juices on the other. Large bowl of home made potato salad, the sunshine and 400 bottles of beer/10 bottles of wine... your choice.

Yum
  • Options
    Good cooker ,,, BUT,,, a devil to clean
  • Options
    Toasted sandwiches
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Chicken stuffed with cheese/pesto
    Toasted sandwich
    Garlic/pesto bread
    Peppers / onions (come out like roasted veg)
    Halloumi
    Beef strips
    Fajitas / burritos etc

Hopefully it's one of the ones where the plates can be removed?
  • Options
    Oops misread the title and thought George Cole had been cremated....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Please only use the full name - "George Foreman Lean Mean Fat Grilling Machine (Its so good I put my name on it!)" - with the voice as well.
  • Options
    Minestrone soup.
  • Options
    I was expecting this to be another of @paulie8290 threads selling stuff.....did he ever shift those Argos speakers I'm now wondering :smile:
  • Options
    Stig said:

The kids have just bought us one of these as an anniversary present. Has anyone got any good 'recipes' or cooking suggestions? Cheers.

So your kids are telling you you're fat.
  • Options
    They've been telling us that for years ;-) We recently started doing something about it though.
  • Options
    Chicken breast cook for 6 minutes, then create a small cut and add some philadelphia soft cheese and wrap in bacon. cook for 14 minutes.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM.
  • Options
    Crème brûlée
  • Options
    Asparagus wrapped in parma ham for a starter with your halloumi cheese.

Courgette thinly sliced into strips also does well.

Meat.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Chicken breast cook for 6 minutes, then create a small cut and add some philadelphia soft cheese and wrap in bacon. cook for 14 minutes.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

And stop shouting.
  • Options
    And that's the gayest recipe I've ever heard! Philadelphia?!?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafctom said:

Please only use the full name - "George Foreman Lean Mean Fat REDUCING Grilling Machine (Its so good I put my name on it!)" - with the voice as well.

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Boom said:

And that's the gayest recipe I've ever heard! Philadelphia?!?!

The only thing gay about Philadelphia was that Tom Hanks film, its an extremely butch low fat tub based cream cheese product, especially if you have the Chilli version. Mind you the one with chocolate IS a bit John Inman.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

I've got the George Formby one , when the food's ready instead of a bell sounding a voice says "turned out nice again"

I have the Bruce Hornsby version, it comes as part of a range but thats just the way it is.
  • Options
    I love them. Ive just bought a 15 portion "BBQ" one so I can do everything for a roast on there. It had a removable plate which a lot of the more expensive ones do which makes it so much easier to clean.

Two tips.

Clean it while its warm.
    Don't use ANYTHING with an abrasive surface to clean it or you will scratch the grill and mess it up