Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Centre Parcs

Has anyone used centre parks? Are any of them better than others. We have just had our holiday cancelled last minute and looking at something in the UK

Comments

• Options
    Not for the last ten years but had some good breaks at Longleat and Elveden. More to do around Longleat but that Parc is more spread out and on a hill, so bikes are useful.
  • Options
    I have been to

Sherwood Forest
    Elveden Forest
    Longleat Forest
    Whinfell Forest

Elvedon was my favourite but that was pre fire, not been since

Whinfell was worst
  • Options
    longleat good. Not cheap but the main pool with Rapids is free and very good.
  • Options
    thx cfgs and Paulie
  • Options
    TBH I would go again but the wife gets bored going to the same place more than a few times.
  • Options
    Been to elvedon a couple of times in the last two years... Excellent for kids. Not cheap but the pool is great
  • Options
    nothing is cheap anymore but having my holiday cancelled last minute i need to do something!!!
  • Options
    Not being funny Reading, but, Elveden v Menorca...hmmmm. m kids love CP. but you'll prob end up spending more money at CP !
    Shame you couldnt find anywhere.
  • Options
    i know but flights are horrendous because it is last minute and we are a party of 6
  • Options
    never again will use expedia - the customer service is appalling!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    One things about cente parcs is that it's really chilled out. The supermarket is decent, you can have bbqs, the food is decent... Hardly a wild party atmosphere but its safe and the kids will love it
  • Options
    lets hope we will today to cheer me up!!!!
  • Options
    Plus they have the pancake house.
  • Options
    thanks everyone
  • Options
    Went to Elveden years ago and liked it. More recently went to Longleat I think, being far from the centre makes the hills a bit of a pain. Going to the new one in September. As stated above, nice and chilled out. Good cycling and water rapids make it all a lot of fun.
  • Options
    is that the milton keynes one?
  • Options
    Yeah I gather it's been open a year so hopefully ironed out any teething problems!
  • Options
    We go to Elveden every year, it's a great place. I'd be happy spending all day in the pool but there are plenty of activities. The Indian restaurant isn't too bad either.
  • Options
    Been to all but whinfell. Most recently woburn at easter.

1. Sherwood is a little tired around the edges but was a good balance between space and ease of travel between things to do and quite flat if I remember right.

2. Longleat is hilly but has in my view the best rapids in the pool of all of them.

3. Eleveden is my favourite but it was getting very cramped with more and more villas squeezed in with little extra activities.

4. Woburn. Very compact. Probably dont need bikes with some quite steep hills around. Pool area small and rapids a bit sedate. Some great water tube rides in pool area. Suspect the place will struggle when full.

In all cases the place is expensive if you eat out or dont bring food with you to cook. Need to book most things before you go now.

As an aside if you want to risk the channel crossing the european center parcs are far far better value. A little more basic than in the uk but everything seemed a lot more relaxed than in the uk.
  • Options
    Went to the new one earlier in year. Got an exec place with pool table and sauna was class weekend. Like someone said seems smaller than the others and prob won't need a bike.

Although we all know the real reason you wanna go :)
    http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/mumsnet_classics/a1385104-Center-Parcs-Anal-sex
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Consider the ski slope one in holland
  • Options
    Still not got anything sorted !!
  • Options
    I've just returned from the Aviemore highland resort and that's pretty good. Direct train from Kings Cross and just cross the road.
  • Options
    Sherwoods my favourite, been a few times, it's also not very far from Nottingham, I think we've got a couple of games in that neck of the woods coming up.....