Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Taxi from Heathrow to SE3 then return - 2 times!

edited August 2015 in Not Sports Related
Any recommendations at reasonable prices? Not Charltom cabs, normally use Blackheath Cars but they let us down last time

Need 4 journeys in the next month

thanks

Comments

• Options
    Used Data Cars for Stansted and City recently.
  • Options
    Only use a black cab.
  • Options
    TBH, if time isnt of the essence, and you are able to direct, then Uber are BY FAR the cheapest. Just dont expect to have a conversation with the driver (at least not in English).
  • Options
    I have use uber before but not to airport especially for pickup
  • Options
    However, be careful using Uber coz if they will charge you by mile - therefore if you want to go the quickest way from Heathrow to SE3 then i would say the M25 then A2 - but Uber will charge you for mileage , however, a local cab company normally has a set fare for an airport regardless of route - in this instance Uber will likely charge you more.
  • Options
    I have used these twice (https://www.heathrowairportlondontaxis.co.uk) and both times they have been brilliant.

They do meet and greet at both ends for a fixed price
  • Options
    Thanks for your help
  • Options
    Hello, the link above doesn't work. Any recommendations or guesstimates on quotes for taxi from sidcup to heathrow on Friday afternoon?
    Can't do public transport as have 2 large suitcases and a husband on crutches!
  • Options
    I paid £83 with Uber back to Dartford from Heathrow
  • Options
    It's about £55/60 with minivan from Bromley
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks Glenn. Just tried uber now and they said 83-120. It also seems that uber don't charge a higher rate on bank holidays as my in-laws got home from ours on Xmas day for £7. Is that right?

The only risk is nothing being available at the time you leave as unless I'm mistaken you can't book in advance? I will be stressed so sitting packed up 'requesting a driver' with über may tip me over the edge?!?
  • Options
    I used uber and they took the fare twice out of my account , it was only when I checked a month later when my statement came through .
    Had some right hassle getting the money back off them as well .
  • Options

I used uber and they took the fare twice out of my account , it was only when I checked a month later when my statement came through .
    Had some right hassle getting the money back off them as well .

On a bank holiday? Or just generally?
  • Options
    No just on a week day ..They said it was a glitch but it put me right off using them again.
  • Options
    Just found this Suzi, they make all the right noises and its local.
    http://www.airports2london.com/areas-covered/sidcup-DA14/
  • Options
    Have you used them Ray? Would rather go on a recommendation. Got a quote from one of those online companies, £50..... Surely too good to be true!

Quote from Addison Lee for £97. At least you know they'll turn up!
  • Options

It's about £55/60 with minivan from Bromley

It's another couple of junctions on to sidcup. Would happily pay £70

I remember going to gatwick about 15 years ago for £30 and thinking that was a lot!

• Options
    I'll have my chauffeur pick you up.
  • Options

Have you used them Ray? Would rather go on a recommendation. Got a quote from one of those online companies, £50..... Surely too good to be true!

Quote from Addison Lee for £97. At least you know they'll turn up!

I haven't, my daughter has and didn't have any problems. Have you thought about a hotel the night before the flight? Its what we do and it takes away the stress of having to get there.
  • Options
    Thanks, good to know. They've quoted £80. Staying in a hotel would be more than a cab surely (it's NYE!)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Let Katrien organise one for you.

It won't take you to where you'd aspire to go to, the radio will only work on House FM, it will be £1 cheaper than other taxi companies but the driver will be under 16 with a rectal complaint from too much driving. He'll also not really be paying attention to the road as she's already promised he can leave to uber if they pay up for his last atlas and you can't book the cab by phone or in person, only on a website that requires the name and address of everybody you've ever met before so they can sell all that private data to other companies.
    And the website is closed on Tuesday's, Wednesday's and Friday's between 3 and 445.
    Simples
  • Options

Thanks, good to know. They've quoted £80. Staying in a hotel would be more than a cab surely (it's NYE!)

I don't think it would matter price wise if you stayed close to the airport, people don't visit those hotels unless travelling. It probably is dearer than a cab but we do it for the peace of mind.
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

I don't think it would matter price wise if you stayed close to the airport, people don't visit those hotels unless travelling. It probably is dearer than a cab but we do it for the peace of mind.
    Hotels from £59.00 Ibis type....... £159.00 Sofitel recommended by us. ;)
  • Options
    New years eve around sussex is double time, best check that out first
  • Options

Hotels around Heathrow will be pretty dead around this time of year as there are very few business travellers - you might find some pretty decent bargains and it makes the journey less stressful if your OH is injured and not fully mobile.
  • Options
    What time Friday Suzie? If i can do it i'd be happy to take you for reasonable CAFC mates rate, You cant beat a black cab after all and we can talk all things charlton on the way
  • Options
    I've always used Cameo. Small private outfit, may be just one guy nowadays, called Ken. He is very reliable. usually £55-60 to LHR and a little less to LGW from Eltham.

Mentioned him on here a couple of years ago and people seemed happy

800 612 8246

I would not use Uber to the airports, some of the drivers take the piss with the routes. They are ok from say Eltham to Ebbsfleet. Some Uber driver locked my niece in a car one night a couple of weeks ago. She didn't complain but when I heard about it I bloody well did. If you complain to Uber they do respond, to be fair, but I'd rather have nothing to complain about.
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

What time Friday Suzie? If i can do it i'd be happy to take you for reasonable CAFC mates rate, You cant beat a black cab after all and we can talk all things charlton on the way

Wow - that's very kind of you. Our flight isn't until 9, but we're hoping to get there early to plead with the powers-that-be on the check in desk to get a free upgrade, so were thinking about leaving to get there for half 5/6ish and have dinner there. Not sure how long it takes from Sidcup - just over an hour? Don't want to put you out though!

A friend also semi offered to take us yesterday but she wanted to check something first so waiting to hear back from her too.

Thanks again and thanks everyone else for suggestions, we're still getting quotes from various companies.

re the hotel idea- any other time of year I think it would be fine, but I'm working NYE so not much time to pack and hoping to see family NYD morning as well as taking down xmas decorations!
  • Options
    Ok suzie. Inbox me if you need me
  • Options
    kimbo said:

Any recommendations at reasonable prices? Not Charltom cabs, normally use Blackheath Cars but they let us down last time

Need 4 journeys in the next month

thanks

gett taxi download app use gett30 code for £30 off when booking put destinations in for fixed prices as well or use taxi lad. uber will surge price your fare IF ITS nYe