Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Northampton, Northampton, so good they....named it.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Algarve. The Cricketers used to be my local too. Unfortunately it closed down about 3 years ago and is now student flats. Shame.
  • Options
    Rushden & Diamonds? Where do I know them from? Where they in a cup upset a while back?
  • Options
    36 hours I'll be driving away from my home of the last 10 years. Absolutely bricking it. 55 going on 15
  • Options
    Positive thinking is what you need.
  • Options
    addicktom said:

Algarve. The Cricketers used to be my local too. Unfortunately it closed down about 3 years ago and is now student flats. Shame.

Was a great little pub, Joe was the governor. I am talking mid eighties mind you, I lived in Hood Street.
  • Options
    edited September 2015

Rushden & Diamonds? Where do I know them from? Where they in a cup upset a while back?

Used to be a league club I think.

Did we play them once? In a JPT or something. They ring bells for me too. Maybe I just like the name!
  • Options
    I saw CAFC vs R&DFC in a friendly HugoHackenbush was in attendance too about 10 years ago!
    Their original ground is still not used, though it had superb training facilities, England junior teams used it many times.

Rubbish and dustbins became AFC diamonds and now play at Wellingborough. Kettering played for one season at the Diamonds old ground before relocating back to the borough of Kettering, specifically Latimer Park, Burton Latimer, also the home of Weetabix!

Enjoy Northampton, I enjoy going there for the cricket and that's about all, though my daughter who works for Avon is currently buying a home in Duston.
  • Options

addicktom said:

Was a great little pub, Joe was the governor. I am talking mid eighties mind you, I lived in Hood Street.
    Small world Algarve. I currently live in Hood Street!