Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Vegas - Gun ranges

My first ever trip to Vegas is imminent and as part of the trip we want to have a bit of 'play time' at one of these gun ranges.

I know I could spend some time searching the net, but wondered if anyone had any first hand advice or recomendations to get the ball rolling.

Cheers.

Comments

• Options
    Barrett .50 cal
  • Options
    Went here a few years ago... They take good care of you and is good fun, popular though

http://www.thegunstorelasvegas.com
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    I did one of these about ten years ago. There are several of them if I remember rightly. I think I fired an MP5 and a hand gun. It was fun but I found it a little underwhelming. On reflection it wasn't as much fun firing a machine gun as I thought it would be.
  • Options
    we went in may this year, half of the lads I went with done the shooting range and the other half done helicopter flight over grand canyon, i done the flight but they were very happy with it you got 5 weapons, food beers and a ride in worlds longest monster truck from memory there link is below;

http://bulletsandburgers.com/

• Options
    We got this package a couple of years ago at Discount Firearms and Ammo which is just off the Strip, they provide a shuttle to pick you up and drop you off.

http://machinegunexperience.com/Gold-Package

We fired two automatics, two semi automatics, two handguns including the Desert Eagle (monster weapon), pump action shotgun and a sit down WW1machine gun.

Never held a gun before so good experience with a variety of weapons for just over £100.

Brings it home to you the power of these things, even a smallish hand gun.
  • Options
    I am a member of 3 gun clubs in UK, shoot competition shotgun internationally and regularly travel to US. I am at a range in Florida today.

For a first timer I would advise an open air range rather than indoor. Just check out their facilities online and go for an outdoor range to get the best variety and fun.

Try the fishing on Lake Bass - sounds crazy I know, fishing in the desert, but in the local vernacular - its awesome!
  • Options
    m2 said:

I am a member of 3 gun clubs in UK, shoot competition shotgun internationally and regularly travel to US. I am at a range in Florida today.

For a first timer I would advise an open air range rather than indoor. Just check out their facilities online and go for an outdoor range to get the best variety and fun.

Try the fishing on Lake Bass - sounds crazy I know, fishing in the desert, but in the local vernacular - its awesome!

You need to get on the Best Jobs thread..
  • Options
    Phrases to frighten:

...you got 5 weapons, food, beers...

and

...Discount Firearms and Ammo...

Sorry, never shot in Las Vegas, just on a local range in California.
  • Options

Went here a few years ago... They take good care of you and is good fun, popular though

http://www.thegunstorelasvegas.com

Also went to that one. Very enjoyable.
  • Options
    Agree with M2, the outdoor ranges are superior to indoor, Bullets&Burgers had a good collection of antique stuff and I got to fire an ex British Army Thompson used in the Italian Campaign.

We arrange Bisley days through my company firing everything from Martini Henry to modern SA80 if you do want to do more when you get back

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    m2 said:

Makes note never to flag m2
  • Options
    For anyone that is seriously interested in sporting guns, check this out:
    https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=practical+shotgun+shooting+uk
    The best fun you can have with your clothes on!
    Yes, sorry folks, for the last few years, even better than watching the Addicks
    Please note, the average qualification period before being allowed to compete is a year.
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

Agree with M2, the outdoor ranges are superior to indoor, Bullets&Burgers had a good collection of antique stuff and I got to fire an ex British Army Thompson used in the Italian Campaign.

We arrange Bisley days through my company firing everything from Martini Henry to modern SA80 if you do want to do more when you get back

Hi SE7toSG3,
    I did a range day when I was in Minnesota a couple of years ago ( a great state to shoot in), fired M1 Carbine Para 1943, A1 Carbine and a few others, we were due to fire a Bren but they had loaned them out to another range, great afternoon.
    I have a collection of WW2 deacts in my WW2 collection of memorabilia, so would be interested in going to Bisley to shoot some live stuff, can you PM me details please.
    Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the recommendations so far lads - i'll look into them all shortly.

Generally are they the type of thing you can book up easily (and as cheap) once in Vegas, or is it best to do online prior to travelling?

Cheers.
  • Options
    Check it all out online way before you go.
  • Options

Thanks for all the recommendations so far lads - i'll look into them all shortly.

Generally are they the type of thing you can book up easily (and as cheap) once in Vegas, or is it best to do online prior to travelling?

Cheers.

where are you staying? we went to a tours booking office stand just down the road from the mgm grand as its where we stayed, don't know if you're interested in the helicopter flight over the grand canyon but we checked a few diff companies and they were all 330 dollars for a tour we got a framed photo as well with the helicopter which was a nice touch, the gun ranges can be booked easily when you're there depending on group size there is some haggling to be done, anything else I can help with pm me, its a great great place and so much to do.