Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Middlesbrough advance purchase train tickets

This is likely to be the most expensive trip of the season.

Grand Central have announced fares but not Virgin EastCoast.

The 8.11 from Kings Cross arrives at York for 10.10 at £20.00
The 19.02 from York arrives at Kings Cross for 20.56 at £20.00
Both fares are before railcard discounts.
York to Middlesbrough return tickets can be purchased on the day at £13
The 11.15 from York arrives at Middlesbrough at 12.12 with the return leaving at 17.26 to arrive at York for 18.21

The fares from Virgin EastCoast are likely to be more expensive, certainly from past experience.

The Zetland outside Middlesbrough station is inviting although last season did not open till 12.00 but is VERY cheap, although the range of booze is very limited.

Comments

• This is likely to be the most expensive trip of the season.

The 11.15 from York arrives at Middlesbrough at 12.12 with the return leaving at 17.26 to arrive at York for 18.21

The fares from Virgin EastCoast are likely to be more expensive, certainly from past experience.

The Zetland outside Middlesbrough station is inviting although last season did not open till 12.00 but is VERY cheap, although the range of booze is very limited.

Would the real Syd Cheesewright please stand up....

:wink:

• Both Clive and myself try our best.

Would the real Syd Cheesewright please stand up....

:wink:

It's one way to get on the fans forum :-)

Cheers.

Out of interest how cheap is very cheap ? I'm sure last time I was in Middlesbrough a couple of years ago I was in some pub and it was £2 a pint - it wasn't even a special offer or anything that's just how much they charge up there. Madness.
  • se9addick said:

Cheers.

Out of interest how cheap is very cheap ? I'm sure last time I was in Middlesbrough a couple of years ago I was in some pub and it was £2 a pint - it wasn't even a special offer or anything that's just how much they charge up there. Madness.
    The Zetland was £2, the boozer on the corner in the same street was £2.75 BUT not keen on serving away fans.
  • se9addick said:

Cheers.

The Zetland was £2, the boozer on the corner in the same street was £2.75 BUT not keen on serving away fans.
    £2.75 - outrageous !
  • se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Cheers.

£2.75 - outrageous !
    It's for prices like this I'm keen to get the cheap train tickets!
  • se9addick said:

Cheers.

Most clubs in the north have a "football pub" which serves pints for around that. I know of ones in Leeds where pints are around the £1.80 mark.
  • Cheers - shoulda read this before my post.
  • Sponsored links:

• If anyone has spare train tickets for this game I'm interested.

I was in Sweden when the tickets were released and was not able to book early enough for the cheap ones.

• Hi @ElfsborgAddick I know a guy up in Middlesbrough who has spare train tickets for the York to Eaglescliffe route - think they are about 70 quid or something. He's Rob Nichols - Boro's equivalent of @Airman Brown in that he writes their fanzine :) - and he's a decent guy so will sell them at face value, if that price is reasonable.
  • At the moment a sight seeing tour around Middlesbrough might be more appealing than watching the game!
  • At the moment a sight seeing tour around Middlesbrough might be more appealing than watching the game!

You can't see much through the smog.
  • Sorry to bump this but if anybody does not want to go next week and has train tickets going, please inbox me.
  • Train tickets going spare?
  • Still nobody interested in helping me out with a train ticket?
  • Stowmarket v Downham or Diss v Basildon beckons for me if nobody has a last minute change of heart on the train tickets.

We could do a swap!
  • I guess I'm not going tomorrow now!

Diss v Basildon it is then.
  • You should have come along @ElfsborgAddick - I see on Facebook that there are some Swedish Addicks coming to the game.
  • Sponsored links:

• centurion said:

You should have come along @ElfsborgAddick - I see on Facebook that there are some Swedish Addicks coming to the game.

Shame, I'm off groundhopping to Diss Town.

My day out will be spent thinking I should be in smoggie land, we'll probably get a result and I'll regret to not spending the extra dough on a ticket.
  • centurion said:

You should have come along @ElfsborgAddick - I see on Facebook that there are some Swedish Addicks coming to the game.

My day out will be spent thinking I should be in smoggie land, we'll probably get a result and I'll regret to not spending the extra dough on a ticket.
    I've an incredibly strong suspicion that come 4.45pm you will be incredibly glad you never spent the extra dough on a ticket to smoggie land and instead visited the nice outpost of Diss Town!!
  • edited October 2015

centurion said:

I've an incredibly strong suspicion that come 4.45pm you will be incredibly glad you never spent the extra dough on a ticket to smoggie land and instead visited the nice outpost of Diss Town!!
    Am in a boozer watching'ish the Chelsea game.

I have to say that Diss is very gentile and quaint, unlike Middlesbrough!

I still wish I was in the Zetland now though.
  • Diss 2 v Basildon 3
  • At least both teams scored where you were!