Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

All a bit Déjà Vu?

To the start of last season?

Big changes during the summer,
Foreign manager proving popular,
Striker on form and scoring
Defensively looking very impressive and solid

Hopefully the Valley will be buzzing at full time next Saturday v Hull as it was at the end of the Wigan game at a similar time last season.

Comments

• Options
    Craig Ramage and the Derby commentator said we are much improved from our defeat there in February.
    But that was then. It is similar to the start of last season so it is deja vu.........all over again!
  • Options
    I thought was about Franny Jeffers.
  • Options
    Watched the starting game against Brentford last season and we looked no where near as good as we did against QPR. QPR and derby better teams than Brentford and Wigan too. Much more positive this season so far. Definitely didnt think potential playoffs after brentford! Maybe this year?
  • Options
    Sounds very similar to a League 1 Chris Powell away game. I remember Morrison, cort, taylor, solly, wiggins, jackson etc seemed to get brave blocks in when a goal seemed certain.
  • Options
    If you equate QPR with either Wigan or Cardiff as relegated teams we played at home last season, well we have done what we did to Wigan there, but we lost away at Derby last season so this is an improved result by that comparison.
    After only the two games we are ahead. Tuesday is a real chance. Win at the City Ground and it will be another improvement on last season, a win also takes the pressure off a little bit for the Hull game. Draw at Forest and we continue formatting, hoping it will be enough against Hull. Lose to Forest and the Hull game becomes a more pressured.
    We ought to try to dare to win on Tuesday. The squad have now had the experience of a big away day in the midlands, with a full stadium, so Forest as an event ought not to be frightening for them.
    Watch out for that Antonio bloke though.
  • Options
    Wigan weren't a newly relegated side. The three last season were Cardiff, Norwich and Fulham
  • Options
    Yes. Got Wigan wrong. We failed to beat Cardiff Fulham or Norwich at home last season so we're doing even better.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Other teams sussed us out last year though and BP didn't have the squad or the answers. This season I think we have more strength in depth, better players and GL is a better tactician than BP. My opinion.
  • Options
    More attacking then that shit peters served up. Still early though but signs are good.
  • Options

A year ago, Franck Moussa (who ?) hits a shot that deflects over Carson. (Wigan)

Today Tony Watt hits a shot that deflects over Carson.

All a bit Deja Vu ?

Oh gawd, I hope Watt has a better season than Moussa did.
  • Options
    We have a much stronger squad this season, we have real quality in Watt, JBG and a couple of the other new boys.

Last season it was basically a case of hoping Igor would nick a goal and then pike everyone behind the ball.
  • Options
    Last year we went unbeaten by playing boring crap football and nicking loads of draws this yeR we set out to win games and attack and let the other team worry about us nothing déjà vu about it, we look solid at the back and attacking threat up top miles apart from any year that I can remember, positive football, Luzon is the man
  • Options
    I looked at the stats. 32% possession and we got a result. Yes Deja Vu for certain.
  • Options
    I think the squad is about the same strength in depth as the beginning of last season. We only need to play Watt into the ground when he is carrying an injury and the comparison will be complete.
    Where we may be a little stronger is that home grown players like Pope,Fox and Ahearne-Grant have all come on by a year.
    We still need another striker,a right back and a winger to give the squad any depth.
  • Options
    I'm afraid we can't claim Popo as a home grown player, although your point about the benefit of players coming through the ranks is true.