Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Strategy for Spurs game

edited April 2007 in General Charlton
So do we play it cagey and try and hit them on a break, or do we let them have it all guns blazing from the off?
I'd definitely play Romm,Holland, Baby Bent. I'd keep JT on the bench. Have to say I'd be tempted to put Hughes in the middle, Song can create but seems prone to getting caught in possession. Ambrose wide. And I'd stick Lisbie in. What the hell. Think he is more likely to do something than Marcus.JFH on the bench.
I'd keep it tight, and try to release Romm to counter attack with Bent and Lizzer.
If we lose this one we're down, and whilst it's not the end of the world by any means, it would be nice to survive if only to annoy the whammers et al who were giving us the signs and bare arses all the way back down the motorway on Sat. :)

Comments

• Options
    Simply cheat.

At the weekend, offer Rooney, Ronaldo, Terry, Drogba and Gerrard £1m each to make a guest appearance for us.
  • Options
    But you know the FA would take 3 points from us, because they always like to punish cheats and treat them all the same, whether they are a big club, a small club, or West Ham ;)
    But ok we'll have those on the bench but I still say Lisbie starts :)
  • Options
    Sharon Ambrose should not start. he has been pony lately.
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Simply cheat.

At the weekend, offer Rooney, Ronaldo, Terry, Drogba and Gerrard £1m each to make a guest appearance for us.

Nah, that'd never work.

Sidwell and Lita from Reading, Arteta from Everton and Stelios from Bolton would be cheaper and better motivated, as if Spurs lose it improves their chances of qualifying for Europe.
  • Options
    perhaps you should think about kidnapping Berbatov and Keane before kick off too!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]perhaps you should think about kidnapping Berbatov and Keane before kick off too!

No just invite the Spurs team to a buffet dinner at the Tower Thistle Hotel....:-)
  • Options
    Yeah, Lasanga at the Marriot anyone.
  • Options
    This game is finally Marcus Bent's chance to shine, i truly believe he can make the difference & win this for us

all he needs to do is take his Spurs Spice Boy mates (Lennon, Gardner, Murphy (if there are no 3-rd rate premieres going on this weekend), Robbo, Keano etc etc on a huge bender over the weekend around the usual tacky footballers niteries & get all of them almightily bladdered.................then we roll 'em over on Monday.

Go on Marcus my son, it's your big chance
  • Options
    The only way I can see us winning is taking Berbatov out with the first tackle of the game...tell HH to do it because he was naff Saturday and get red-carded (takes away the own goal as well).....
  • Options
    WIN!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We don't need a strategy for Monday. All we need now is a BIG slice of luck. Wigan, West Ham and Fulham to lose on Saturday otherwise the fat lady will be singing on Monday. Sorry Guys n Gals but my optimism of last week has now turned to realism. Still, the season tickets are ordered and I'll soon be looking forward to next season. No one's died so it isn't the end of the world. Worse things happen at sea, and all of that. Onwards and upwards. Tally ho...
  • Options
    Well, tactically, I'd suggest playing Rohmedahl on the right up against the makeshift left-back Rocha and then make the most of the set pieces you'll get from the right hand side. The one thing in your favour at the moment is that Spurs are leaking goals left, right and centre (but having said that we are due for a clean sheet!)

Although I obviously want Spurs to win this game to keep our push for Europe on, I wouldnt be too disheartened if we lost and had to go via the Inter-two-bob Cup if it condemned the Hammers to their rightful place - The Championship.
  • Options
    Id rather have Danielle Lloyd out there than Marcus Bent hanging around out on the wing.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]Id rather have Danielle Lloyd hanging them out
    well we'd all love to see that;-)
  • Options
    do what we did against west ham...get up for it and go for it...
  • Options
    At least we know that Spurs will come to win the game, which may work in our favour.

Teams that we find more difficult to beat at home (I know we find it difficult to beat any team) are the ones who come for a draw - Wigan, Sheff U, and even Reading to a certain extent.

Teams like West Ham although they were very short on confidence when they played us, played a more open game and so we were able to score 4 on the break. With ay luck, Spurs will leave the same gaps at the back.
  • Options
    Panic, big time
  • Options
    Fly at em as hard and fast as we can, their defence is sh***, when we go 1 - 0 up keep going at em, don't take our feet off the pedal, keep pushing.

Lets 'ave em.
  • Options
    strategy... get aboslutely plastered pre match and numb the pain of being relegated by those knob jockeys.
  • Options
    Im with you curb it.......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Get 50 tickets to Blackheath Rugby club and line them up behind the goals. Everytime Spurs look like breaking through and scoring, one of them can run on the pitch, and take him out. Rugby fan gets banned for life, goes back to watching egg chasing and we at least get a draw. Genius!

Failing that I am with curb_it, hic!
  • Options
    ATTACK, ATTACK.
    ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTACK.
  • Options
    Throw marshmellows at em!
  • Options
    stick next years merchandise catalogues to the seats.
  • Options
    Kill Berbatov and Keane. What's a red card between friends??
  • Options
    You may as well go down fighting as trying to eke out a one nil win.

Play 4-4-2 and punt the ball forward.