Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Went down well with their fans!!
  • Options
    Thats a nice touch
  • Options
    cant access twatter at work, what they saying?
  • Options
    That's incredible, they've made their own posters as well, just to welcome little old us?
  • Options

The message says:

#NFFC wish all @CAFCofficial supporters a safe journey to Nottingham for tonight's match. #CAFC
  • Options
    Nice posters ...wouldn't mind them
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

they are not happy lol
  • Options

The message says:

#NFFC wish all @CAFCofficial supporters a safe journey to Nottingham for tonight's match. #CAFC
    cheers PIP
  • Options
    Can they be this nice giving us the 3 points please?!
  • Options
    Last seasons kit, their taking the piss
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2015

The message says:

cheers PIP
    They've also posted three pictures of posters that Forest have made - One of them a big Charlton badge with words from Valley Floyd Road around it, one of them with a picture of a fan holding a scarf with the caption "We all follow the Charlton".

Edit: Sorry, and the other one with Johnnie Jackson celebrating, with the words "Captain. Icon. Legend" underneath and a big '200'.
  • Options

The message says:

cheers PIP
    They've also posted three pictures of posters that Forest have made - One of them a big Charlton badge with words from Valley Floyd Road around it, one of them with a picture of a fan holding a scarf with the caption "We all follow the Charlton".

Edit: Sorry, and the other one with Johnnie Jackson celebrating, with the words "Captain. Icon. Legend" underneath and a big '200'.
    Seem to remember Brighton having similar posters for away fans.
  • Options
    brighton had ones last year along the same lines was very weird when i saw them had to read it twice to believe i was in an away ground.
  • Options
    nice touch for sure

Love the comment we still the Dave Beasant night poster from 2009 in the trent end
  • Options

brighton had ones last year along the same lines was very weird when i saw them had to read it twice to believe i was in an away ground.

It's a nice touch, but I don't understand the motivation of the home club to do it.
    Is it so that when it comes to newspapers/websites/etc ranking best away days, people will remember their ground more fondly?
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

bobmunro said:

they are not happy lol
    No wonder. Their ground isn't even in Nottingham. #welcometowestbridgford
  • Options

It's a nice touch, but I don't understand the motivation of the home club to do it.
    Is it so that when it comes to newspapers/websites/etc ranking best away days, people will remember their ground more fondly?

im not sure why a team does it,i think your right though for best away days,brighton was probrably up there but then again it is like the newest championship ground so maybe other teams will start doing it now.
  • Options

Smallwall had them as well.

They read "Thank you for Travelling 5 miles" or something like that. Tin pot!! :wink:
  • Options

I think it's similar to what you say. Match tickets and travel are becoming more and more expensive, and attendances are dropping as a result. As a result people are limiting the number of matches they travel to. You can't guarantee your team are going to put in a performance when you travel halfway across the country on a Tuesday night so people will start looking for a justification for going to a match. With that in mind I think Forest are trying to make their ground one worth going to; they put in a bit of work to make Charlton fans feel that they and their club are being shown a bit of respect so that next season when fans look at the fixture list they'll highlight Forest as a place where they had a great match day experience. I think it's a great idea personally, doesn't do the club any harm to put a few posters up and post a tweet but away fans will appreciate it
  • Options
    Its a plot to make someone steal them just so Old Bill get a nick
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    is the 200 poster a prediction of our following tonight?
  • Options
    Don't fall for it!
  • Options
    You have to raise the question though - Is Johnnie Jackson really a legend? :)
  • Options
    IA said:

stonemuse said:

bobmunro said:

they are not happy lol
    No wonder. Their ground isn't even in Nottingham. #welcometowestbridgford
    That's the point. They want us to go to Nottingham and miss the game. Bastards!
  • Options
    I get to one or two aways a year depending on time/money (both of which I lack). After considering the other stuff, one of the things I look at is the sort of experience I'm likely to have. The positives about Reading and Cardiff games away last season have moved both up my list of where I would like to go. If there are good reports of the Forest game, it will do likewise. It's good marketing, particularly in the Champ where a sell out in the away end is far from guaranteed.
  • Options
    Quite like to see what happens when Derby go there later this season
  • Options
    Will they be wishing us a safe journey home if we take three points off them?
  • Options
    You'd really be more likely to go to an away game because of some posters in the away end?? Am i missing something cos if ever sonething was going to have no affect what so ever on my attendance, that would be it.