Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Some things are more important than footy

Today I got a random call from family asking if I wanted to go catch up have a bbq etc.

Usually on this kind of notice I'd say I'm busy or something, however today I said yes.

I have genuinely had a lovely day, not thought of footy all day until I was walking home.

Then at that very moment about 10 minutes ago I panicked and checked.

Ffs Charlton were on a live stream and won!

My day is ruined.

It's not. It's just been topped off.

Comments

• Name 5 things that are more important than football
  • Family
    Friends
    Work
    Pets
    Health
  • Dazzler21 said:

Family
    Friends
    Work
    Pets
    Health

Days like today, where I have been stuck working in retail, I have to disagree Dazzler.
  • Rossman92 said:

Name 5 things that are more important than football

I can instantly think of 5 off the top of my head. I think numbers 1, 2 & 4 might be illegal though.
  • Eating
    Sleeping
    Family
    Laughter
    Friends (real ones, not the tv programme)

next.

• Without work you wouldn't have the money to support family, go on a night out with friends, feed your pets or pay for the gym.

To me all 5 of those are more important than footy.
  • You're fucked
  • Rossman92 said:

(1) Charlton
    (2) Athletic
    (3) Valley
    (4) Floyd
    (5) Road
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2015

Rossman92 said:

(1) Charlton
    (2) Athletic
    (3) Valley
    (4) Floyd
    (5) Road
    Was gunna say name ten but this answer was spot on. Charlton has to at least be number 6
  • Dazzler21 said:

Today I got a random call from family asking if I wanted to go catch up have a bbq etc.

Usually on this kind of notice I'd say I'm busy or something, however today I said yes.

I have genuinely had a lovely day, not thought of footy all day until I was walking home.

Then at that very moment about 10 minutes ago I panicked and checked.

Ffs Charlton were on a live stream and won!

My day is ruined.

It's not. It's just been topped off.

I bet if you were at the valley today that goal from Johan would have felt better than the warm glow you received from a family bbq

It wasn't 'lovely' it was 'ecstasy'
  • Rossman92 said:

Rossman92 said:

(1) Charlton
    (2) Athletic
    (3) Valley
    (4) Floyd
    (5) Road
    Was gunna say name ten but this answer was spot on. Charlton has to at least be number 6
    It's definitely the 6th
  • Being stuck on a wing full of murderers, rapists and general ne'erdowells was not more important than football today :disappointed: curse my need to work for a living.
  • Family is part of football if you are lucky.
  • Bad luck Dazz. You missed one of the best finishes to a Charlton match since 1969.

I should know, I've seen the majority of them.
  • Plane crashes like the one killing at least 7 people in Sussex. Me brother-in-law has just got the dreaded phonecall that one of the fatalities is his best pal from work, he only got a text from him Friday to say he was looking forward to some banter this week as me brother-in-law has been away for 2 weeks
  • Sponsored links:

• Of course family is more important than football, but I was lucky enough to be there until the end with two of my kids today. What an amazing feeling seeing them go absolutely mental when we scored. To say they are buzzing this evening is an understatement. Usually I'd be telling them to calm down, but I'm just letting them get on with it and enjoy the moment.

It was fantastic and experiencing,moments like yesterday with your kids is absolutely priceless.

• Dazzler21 said:

Family
    Friends
    Work
    Pets
    Health

Your relationship with Charlton will probably last longer than four of those things !
  • brogib said:

Plane crashes like the one killing at least 7 people in Sussex. Me brother-in-law has just got the dreaded phonecall that one of the fatalities is his best pal from work, he only got a text from him Friday to say he was looking forward to some banter this week as me brother-in-law has been away for 2 weeks

Sorry to hear that.