Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Big Hearts

So Guy Luzon has been going on about how our squad is not the biggest or most skilful in the championship, but where we lack in these areas we make up for by having big hearts.

I must admit, when I heard this I thought it was a load of rubbish, but today every single player gave it their all. They showed passion, commitment and heart.

Delighted this evening. I know it's only three points, but I know we have a manager and a team that want to play for the shirt and care if we win or lose.

I'm usually cautious about Charlton, but with this squad (and hopefully a few additions) I think we're in for a good season this time. COYR!!

Comments

• Options
    Spot on, even my missus is getting carried away, she thinks we're going up this season!
  • Options

So Guy Luzon has been going on about how our squad is not the biggest or most skilful in the championship, but where we lack in these areas we make up for by having big hearts.

I must admit, when I heard this I thought it was a load of rubbish, but today every single player gave it their all. They showed passion, commitment and heart.

Delighted this evening. I know it's only three points, but I know we have a manger and a team that want to play for the shirt and care if we win or lose.

I'm usually cautious about Charlton,, but with this squad ( and hopefully a few additions) I think we're in for a good season this time. COYR!!

He's good, but I don't think he's got to Messiah status yet...
    not yet, but according to the Referee, Guy is a naughty boy and that's why he had to sit on the naughty step.
    The winning goal and guy jumping on top of the players will take some beating this season.

• Options
    Simonsen said:

Luzon is right. Looked like Bauer dislocated a finger...had it popped back....and then cracked on. You've got a chance with attitudes like that.

Not sure there is a "looked like" about that at all. It was up on the big screen and most of the crowd winced & "aarrgghheedd'" as Paddy's finger was put back in.
  • Options

Delighted this evening. I know it's only three points, but I know we have a manger and a team that want to play for the shirt and care if we win or lose.

I'm usually cautious about Charlton,, but with this squad ( and hopefully a few additions) I think we're in for a good season this time. COYR!!

He's good, but I don't think he's got to Messiah status yet...
    not yet, but according to the Referee, Guy is a naughty boy and that's why he had to sit on the naughty step.
    The winning goal and guy jumping on top of the players will take some beating this season.
    As they've just said on the Football League Show... I dont actually know what Luzon does wrong, he doesnt piss of Steve Bruce... He doesnt swear or abuse the Referee over a decision, nor does he wind up the fans by jumping into the crowd, he simply joins in a goal celebration with his players and shows a bit of emotion and because of that, and being Luzon's first offence since even coming to England its a really strange decision from the Ref
  • Options
    You've summed it up perfectly Brendan. Hope we get those few additions as our bench looked weak today.
  • Options

Spot on, even my missus is getting carried away, she thinks we're going up this season!

We are ...and Paddy Power will be paying me out a lot of money
  • Options
    I agree with the OP.

I don't recall a Charlton team battling like that since the Kinsella, Robinson, Brown days.

They did the same at Derby and probably Forest (although I wasn't there).

It's absolutely brilliant to see that comittment.

We've got our Charlton back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Simonsen said:

Luzon is right. Looked like Bauer dislocated a finger...had it popped back....and then cracked on. You've got a chance with attitudes like that.

And what a signing he looks!!! He looks like a real top player in the making to me. Well done to whoever scouted him!
  • Options
    I only go occasionally now and yesterday upon hearing that result felt really gutted not to be there. And I've not felt like that in a long long time. I'm going to have to get some tickets sorted.

• Options
    Curb_It said:

I only go occasionally now and yesterday upon hearing that result felt really gutted not to be there. And I've not felt like that in a long long time. I'm going to have to get some tickets sorted.

That's like me B, been proper homesick the last few days, woulda loved to have been there yesterday
  • Options
    Yep, there's a real team spirit in that video. I really like the spirit of aggression and determination too, a real winners' mentality.

Blimey, Luzon is nuts isn't he? You've got to love it though.

He may be a nutter, but he's our nutter!