Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bauer's Finger...

Sounds like a real ale, but sod that !!

Comments

• Options
    He got a gentlemanly round of applause after the whole stadium watched him wince in agony at the finger being put back into the right place.
  • Options
    #hardasnails
  • Options
    Man alive.
  • Options
    Done pretty much the same thing when I was 16 playing St Olaves "C" team rugby, had to go to hospital to have it put back in place under anaesthetic and couldn't play rugby for 6 weeks, I couldn't imagine having it popped into place in a game on the pitch and continuing to play! #doppelfest
  • Options
    BIG FUCKING GERMAN! Solid player so far!
  • Options
    All right Paddy. You're over doing the machismo thing now...
  • Options
    I like in the picture the hull player behind, feeling his hand in sympathy.

like when someone hurts their back and you arch yours, almost imagining the pain yourself.
  • Options

I like in the picture the hull player behind, feeling his hand in sympathy.

like when someone hurts their back and you arch yours, almost imagining the pain yourself.

Just as well he didn't get hit in the bread basket or there could have been the biggest recount since Florida 2000 Bush/Gore !

• Options
    Put this in the player marks thread as well but works better here.

He's big, he's kraut, his finger now sticks out, Patrick Bauer, Patrick Bauer.

Solid as a rock and hard as nails.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sam3110 said:

Done pretty much the same thing when I was 16 playing St Olaves "C" team rugby, had to go to hospital to have it put back in place under anaesthetic and couldn't play rugby for 6 weeks, I couldn't imagine having it popped into place in a game on the pitch and continuing to play! #doppelfest

Used to hate Mr Fayers trying to make me play Rugby every Saturday morning.

#teamcure
  • Options
    It must have been really painful, but then having an arm covered in tattoos is probably good preparation!
  • Options
    OUCH! top man Patrick.
    *Doffs cap*
  • Options
    That finger won us the match.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    I'll be honest I was a bit peeeeed off when it happened
    because it looked like he just walked away from the ball in a potentially dangerous situation , rather than booting it to touch before getting treatment
    Diarra had to react quickly to cover and get to the lose ball
    Anyway I was in NWQ and it happened down the other end so may not have been as scary a position as I thought
    Bauer ,amongst others , is a real find and whoever has been doing the recruiting and it could be the invisible YouTube posse have , on what we've seen sofa /so far , done a real good job
    So credit where credits due , wherever that may be
  • Options

I'll be honest I was a bit peeeeed off when it happened
    because it looked like he just walked away from the ball in a potentially dangerous situation , rather than booting it to touch before getting treatment
    Diarra had to react quickly to cover and get to the lose ball
    Anyway I was in NWQ and it happened down the other end so may not have been as scary a position as I thought
    Bauer ,amongst others , is a real find and whoever has been doing the recruiting and it could be the invisible YouTube posse have , on what we've seen sofa /so far , done a real good job
    So credit where credits due , wherever that may be

And of course, mate, you would make all the correct, intelligent, decisions in the heat of battle when your finger was pointing at 90° to where it was supposed to be?
  • Options
    probably

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Steve Bruce was acting very strange when this happened I wasn't sure, as I was sat a fair distance away, if he was complaining about the delay or extremely squeamish about the finger manipulation, anyone know?
  • Options
    Bruce gasped and cringed, I would say empathetically.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was it this injury that cause all the added time ?
  • Options
    Some of it , Nick Pope got injured after their goal and a load of substitutions
  • Options
    I think Bruce was questioning whether it merited a break in play. He and Luzon were gesticulating to each other about it. Bruce seemed to be saying that if it were a collar bone then it is fine to halt proceedings but not for a finger.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Bruce gasped and cringed, I would say empathetically.

I think that's after Luzon pretended to break his own finger to creep Bruce out.

Guy is an absolute nutcase.
  • Options
    I was sat about 6 rows back from away dugout Bruce never complained he was joking with Luzon about the state of his finger
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Oooh St Olaves!!!
  • Options
    If I met him I would shake him firmly by the hand
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

I was sat about 6 rows back from away dugout Bruce never complained he was joking with Luzon about the state of his finger

On the stream it caught them joking around and Luzon doing something weird with his finger that made Bruce go all squeamish at.

Luzon is a master of mind games
  • Options
    Cawley has tweeted a close up picture of Bauer's finger at the time - beyond my skills to post it here, but you probably don't want to see it anyway!
  • Options

Cawley has tweeted a close up picture of Bauer's finger at the time - beyond my skills to post it here, but you probably don't want to see it anyway!