Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

STATBANK: Charlton 2-1 Hull

Many thanks to the 111 Lifers who gave their marks, here's the stats:

Click on pictures to make bigger

Comments

• Options
    Great stuff, LL. Delighted for Big Mak.
    Think one little spelling mistake - Keshi?
    Wonder how we will get on v teams well below us in the form table? In the past, that has sometimes been our downfall. Onwards...
  • Options
    thanks Weegie and my apologies to Ahmed
  • Options
    Does anyone understand how the OPTA stats work or is it one of those sporting secrets like the FIFA World Rankings and Duckworth Lewis?

From the stats provided and comparing to the other three games:

Chances: Best so far
    Shots: 1 less than QPR
    Passing accuracy: Best so far
    Crossings: By far the best so far
    Tackles won: About average
    Aerial duels won: About average
    Interceptions: Below average
    Clearances: By far the lowest (is this a bad thing?)

Our score for the team though was 121 compared to 356 v QPR and 201 and 231 respectively for the games at Forest and Derby. One assumes our lack of clearances made all the difference, but if a team is never under threat would zero clearances be a bad thing?

Can anyone help?
  • Options
    The performance rating is computerised by a Squawka, they take the OPTA stats for defence, attack and possession which results in a final score, for our games so far these scores have been:

QPR: Def 227, Att 164, Poss -34 Total 356
    Derby: Def 154, Att 79, Poss -32 Total 201
    NF: Def 228, Att 175, Poss -52 Total 352
    Hull: Def 16, Att 148, Poss -43 Total 121

all our possession numbers are a minus and overall we have a possession total of -118 which is the 8th best in the division, with Derby top with +198 and Ipswich bottom with -473

for more info go to squawka.com
  • Options
    ...And Ipswich's rating demonstrates how misleading possession stats (on their own) can be.
  • Options
    Don't think Mak's passing accuracy has hit 60% yet, If he can get it into the 70% + territory he will be a 9 all day.
  • Options

Well done the Big Man on his man of the match.

In retrospect, I think Cousins and Fox were pretty harshly marked by many. Not sure anyone in our back four deserved an average mark below 7 on Saturday in my opinion

You said this so much more eloquently than I would or could have
  • Options
    What's a crossing? Is it the same as a cross?
  • Options

What's a crossing? Is it the same as a cross?

Only if it's a level playing field! Ta-boom!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

...And Ipswich's rating demonstrates how misleading possession stats (on their own) can be.

It's totally meaningless whether on its own or with other stats. If they measured possession in the opposition third it may have some relevance. How passing the ball across the back 4 has any meaning baffles me.