Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Yep and me. Henry is a decent player
  • Options
    I hope Henry is missing that penalty.
  • Options
    ^^^This.
  • Options

pure guess work but suspect that it is either/or

And letting Wolves know we have Pennant on trail could be a clever way of forcing them to take our lower offer for Henry. Not that Charlton would ever be that sneaky.

I'll take both please.
  • Options
    I'd take Henry. Not too sure I would want Pennant on the type of wages he might want and stage he's at in his career
  • Options
    id take both as long as pennant isn't on something ridiculous, someone mentioned on Saturday that Gary Hooper was after 22k a week and we wasn't prepared to pay it? any truth or pure bs?.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

id take both as long as pennant isn't on something ridiculous, someone mentioned on Saturday that Gary Hooper was after 22k a week and we wasn't prepared to pay it? any truth or pure bs?.

Considering Hooper has been at Norwich and Celtic he probably does have demands like that
  • Options
    Rd and KM are no mugs so there will be no overspending on journeyman like pennant
    At the right salary he will sign on our terms I reckon.
  • Options
    I'd take both if the price was right.
  • Options
    If Loony Luzon wants both or either of them I am happy with that, he has the right to be trusted.
  • Options
    would be happy with either and even happier with both.

Pennant is a lot more mature now to the idiot drink driving wide boy and I believe we would get more out of Henry than wolves have when we get him down south and settled
  • Options
    Be happy with both at the right price/wages.
  • Options
    Henry will join on deadline day. It is written.
  • Options

Or will join this week, but be excluded from Saturday.
  • Options
    In Luzon we trust
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Happy enough with either, obviously prefer Henry - but a cheap punt on Pennant if we can't get him would be fine.
  • Options
    Henry came off the bench during the Wolves weekend defeat, he looked totally cheesed off probably after having started the previous games .. after the start we have made, do we really need him ? .. especially as he probably won't be a starter .. how can he fit into our so far very successful outfit ? .. the same question(s) could also be aimed at a move for Pennant .. good players though both are, or possibly were
  • Options

Henry came off the bench during the Wolves weekend defeat, he looked totally cheesed off probably after having started the previous games .. after the start we have made, do we really need him ? .. especially as he probably won't be a starter .. how can he fit into our so far very successful outfit ? .. the same question(s) could also be aimed at a move for Pennant .. good players though both are, or possibly were

Yes we need Henry for squad depth and quality, imagine if JBG got injured? Henry if he was here would have started on Saturday for example.
  • Options
    I saw Pennant at the training ground this afternoon.
  • Options
    edited August 2015

Yes we need Henry for squad depth and quality, imagine if JBG got injured? Henry if he was here would have started on Saturday for example.
    agreed .. BUT .. he may well have (hypothetically) started on Saturday only because of injury .. would it be 'fair' to keep him in the team at the expense of a returnee after the start we have made so far ? .. my point is really that being on the bench would not suit Henry and probably neither would it suit Pennant .. if Henry has got the hump sitting on the sidelines at Wolves, he'll have the right hump doing the same for us even though we are headed for promotion ((:>) .. he is at the stage of his life when he needs regular first team selection .. on the other hand of course, having a few hungry players in reserve snapping at the managers' attention for selection will keep the first team regulars motivated and on their toes
  • Options
    Pennant following Charlton on Twitter
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I saw Pennant at the training ground this afternoon.

Yes me too, in between wiping the raindrops from my eyes. I got wet in places I didn't know existed.

• Options

Or will join this week, but be excluded from Saturday.
    More likely to play against us, score x2 30 yard screamers and agree a new contract with Wolves the day after.

;-)
  • Options
    I'm struggling to work out why we are chasing more wide midfielders when we already have JBG, Bergdich, Harriott, Ceballos and (eventually) Moussa.

Meanwhile we are desperately short of a utility defender, goalkeeper and strikers.
  • Options
    Sign them both.