Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tevez

Cribbed this from another team's board:

This isn't sour grapes but reports this morning are saying that Carlos Tevez may not be able to play in West Ham's last two games of the season as the Hammers "may not be able to reach an agreement with the players owners"

So if he's not a West Ham player (even now after all this fuss) how the F can he have played for them all this time?

Its not like he's been a bit part player is it? Without him, West Ham would be down by now.

This stinks

Comments

• Options
    We all know it stinks and we all know their is nothing that can be done about it.

Something about the FA and 2bob notes comes to mind.
  • Options
    I notice Charlton seem to be keeping a dignified silence letting everyone else at the bottom rip into West Ham re points deductions etc. Do you think it's beacuse they helped us out with the use of their ground all those years ago ?
  • Options
    And if that's not a third party having influence over West Ham, then what is it? Thought that was exactly what this rule was there to prevent...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]I notice Charlton seem to be keeping a dignified silence letting everyone else at the bottom rip into West Ham re points deductions etc. Do you think it's beacuse they helped us out with the use of their ground all those years ago ?
    More likely we're keeping quiet so we've not prejudiced anything if we need to sue.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]I notice Charlton seem to be keeping a dignified silence letting everyone else at the bottom rip into West Ham re points deductions etc. Do you think it's beacuse they helped us out with the use of their ground all those years ago ?

I'm hoping it's because we are working away in the background on the legals to sue them to bits.
  • Options
    I doubt it fella!but i was for one grateful they let us ground share!Better than the other dump we had to suffer
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    We paid rent to West Ham so why not sue. Anyway Murray and co has lost a lot of dosh this season paying up managers (Curbs, Dowie and Reid), general managers, appeals against the F.A and I cant see him throwing more money away. Dont sound to good does it !!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]

I'm hoping it's because we are working away in the background on the legals to sue them to bits.

I very much hope this is the case. I've nothing against West Ham, and have a lot of time for their fans, but what has happened is simply wrong, may directly effect future of our club, and needs to be challenged. Even if it does look like sour grapes, rules have been broken, twisted and gone unpunished all in the favour of one club, and that is wrong.

I hope Mr Murray is in direct liaison with a lot of other chairman over this. Someone needs to make a stand, its normally us that takes the lead on these things. Except this time i think we will win a lot more support.
  • Options
    Would we have felt indifferent if we weren't relegation fodder? I'm sorry to say this but our team is not good enough for the prem and that's why we are where we are. West Ham have grasped all the lady luck at the right time; not penalised by points deduction, beating Wigan, playing Bolton after Alladyce has resigned but more important playing well enough to stay in the prem.
  • Options
    irrelevent.

Tevez is not just their best player, he is their best player by a country mile, and probably the third most influential player in the premiership at the moment behind Ronaldo and Drogba. Without him they would of been dead and buried weeks ago. They STILL don't own him.

Its got nothing to do whether we are good enough or not.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    we may not be good enough, so lets go buy someone and play him illegally so our team can be better, we will only get a fine..
  • Options
    you are both right
    we are not good enough - but they have cheated BIG time with Tevez and to be allowed to get away with just a fine is scandalous by the Premier League - I wonder if the FA can over rule them? Bury got kicked out of the FA Cup for fielding an inelgible player.
  • Options
    and from the Guardian:

As for Curbishley, he kept repeating: "We've given ourselves a chance."
    They have, but their sprint to the line is wind-assisted
  • Options
    The only place i've heard this come from is the sun.
    Story from nothing in my book (he says clutching at straws).

As for all this malarky about us going unpunished, I'd hardly say a £5.5M fine is no punishment.
    I agree it is a let off, but is still a massive fine.

Its the premier league that have royaly cocked up here, in the amount of time it has taken to resolve the case.
    They knew about the situation, as everyone else did, when we registered the players.
    They shouldn't have allowed it to happen from the start, instead of acting only when complaints are made.

For the record, I agree the whole deal stinks and I agree we have got of lightly, but we haven't gone unpunished as some say.
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    and by th way the argument that it is all the fault of a previous regime doesn't wash - the only reason the facts came out was because Liverpool showed the league all the documentation on Mascherano.

And they still employ Scott Duxbury as their legal representative. People at West Ham lied and cheated and the Premier League have effectively condonded it, perhaps there should be a joint action to sue the Premier League.
  • Options
    time is no issue, hammers have been aware they could be deducted points all along, as long as it isn't after the season has ended it simply is no excuse for a let off.
  • Options
    I agree that the Premier League have cocked up and really dragged their heels over this, heads should roll.
  • Options
    I think one of the major problems with this situation is that now the precedent has been set by the Premier League. I don't know much about the legal system, but surely a top lawyer can use this case as an example as to why another club doing something worthy of points deduction in the future should be let off lightly as well?

Where do you draw the line at being unsporting with deciding promotion and relegation? Reducing the amount of games a key player is suspended for so they will not have more of a chance of winning a game?

Extreme I know, and probably not likely to happen, but the Premier League have opened themselves up to these questions by dealing with this case in this way.
  • Options
    I think the reason the FA went with a fine option rather than a points deduction is because they are probably overdue on interest payments on the new Wembley either that or they want to finish paying of a certain Mr Eriksson!!
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Salad Spinner[/cite]People at West Ham lied and cheated

That little quote sums up our former chairman perfectly. It was him and aldridge that signed them, irt was all done at board level.
    Magnusson has gone on record when he bought the club saying he would never have agreed to the deal that bought the pair to the club.

Therefore I fail to see how you can say the previous ragime arguement cannot wash.

Kia jacobwhoever came to the club, trying to buy us out and offering these two world class players in trying to get his feet in the door. Terry brown saw poundsigns. He got £30M from the sale of his shares in the take over. He knew this deal would get the ball rolling to his windfall so foolishly jumped at the chance.
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]time is no issue, hammers have been aware they could be deducted points all along, as long as it isn't after the season has ended it simply is no excuse for a let off.

I'm affraid it is.
    the premier league were simply too scared to hand us a points deduction at this stage, knowing it will mean relegation, therefore slapped on a massive fine.
    Had we been in watfords position, we would have got a points deduction no questions.
    I honestly think they have delayed it until now hoping we would have been in watfords position.

By the same token, had this case been around crhistmas, they could have given us a points deduction knowing it won't spell certain relegation at that point.

I feel I am defending the indefensible here, the whole saga is clearly wrong and its things like this ruining football. The premier league should have had more balls and its understandable why so many fans of other clubs are up in arms. That said, I am over the moon at their cowardice, naturally.

Its a typical terry brown passing shot all of this. We've finally got him out the club but still have to put up with his sh*t.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    'That little quote sums up our former chairman perfectly. It was him and aldridge that signed them, irt was all done at board level.
    Magnusson has gone on record when he bought the club saying he would never have agreed to the deal that bought the pair to the club.

Therefore I fail to see how you can say the previous ragime arguement cannot wash.'

But it was West Ham as a club that benefited from this arrangement, not Brown and Aldridge, who were acting in the interests of West Ham. Therefore, collectively it is West Ham that should have to face the punishment.

I like West Ham, and really wished this was another club, and i 75% of the blame is with the Premier League for repeatedly handling this so poorly and incorrectly. But there is no disguising West Ham haven't been punished correctly.
  • Options
    'I feel I am defending the indefensible here, the whole saga is clearly wrong and its things like this ruining football. The premier league should have had more balls and its understandable why so many fans of other clubs are up in arms. That said, I am over the moon at their cowardice, naturally.'

Mortain, as always fair play on your honesty.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]
    I like West Ham, and really wished this was another club, and i 75% of the blame is with the Premier League for repeatedly handling this so poorly and incorrectly. But there is no disguising West Ham haven't been punished correctly.

I think a lot of people arejudging our punishment based on us being safe.
    In my opinion, the severity of the punishment will depend on the outcome of the season.

Say we got a 3 points deduction and a few hundred grand fine.
    We'd be relegated but won't be hit financially.

As its stands, we've got a huge fine but are still in real danger of being relegated, especially given our last two games against top 5 teams.
    We go down anyway and we've got the burden of a huge fine to pay.
    If we end up staying up, a £5.5M fine would be a bargain.
  • Options
    Yep, fair play Mortain.
  • Options
    you know the deal mate.

West Ham appeal - If they stay up the fine will stand, if they are relegated the fine will be reduced.

Everything in this corrupt saga has been so sadly predictable.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]you know the deal mate.

West Ham appeal - If they stay up the fine will stand, if they are relegated the fine will be reduced.

Can we appeal, given that we pleaded guilty?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortain[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]you know the deal mate.

Can we appeal, given that we pleaded guilty?
    I believe you already have - I heard the original fine was something like £9.6m and it got reduced to £5.5 (I might be talking complete ballcocks here, but it's something I heard...)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortain[/cite]Can we appeal, given that we pleaded guilty?

Given the sorry state of this affair, why not? West Ham will eventually get paid money to help them deal with the emotional trauma of the whole affair. I can see it now:

WH: "You made us wait so long before dealing with it, how could we be professional under that pressure?"

PREM: "Okay, here's your money back plus a couple of million, 10 points and a bye to the semi final of the FA cup next season."

Throw away humour I know, but this is a bulls**t situation and hilariously still carries on being so every second Tevez is on the pitch.
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]
    I believe you already have - I heard the original fine was something like £9.6m and it got reduced to £5.5 (I might be talking complete ballcocks here, but it's something I heard...)

I think the judgement suggested that if they hadn't had pleaded guilty the fine would have been around 8million.
  • Options
    That would probably explain it then.