Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Late winners at The Valley

Was the 98th minute winner on Saturday the latest ever goal in a normal 90mins league game?

Comments

• Options
    It's certainly the latest I can remember seeing - can't have been much later.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

Was the 98th minute winner on Saturday the latest ever goal in a normal 90mins league game?

Extra time winners would have been later (or, indeed, penalty shoot out winners if you count them).
  • Options
    Steve Gritt got a very late goal at Selhurst against QPR. There was about 10 minutes added on in the first half after Micky Bennett got a serious injury
  • Options
    Yes I was thinking whether my feelings after Saturdays late winner had ever been topped in similar circumstances. Immediately thought of Jacko, of course, but then it came to me. Don McAllister in the 95th minute, a diving header up the covered end to make the final score Charlton 2 Nigels 1 circa 82/83.

Made even sweeter as my cousin in law (Paul Barron) was in goal. He was in a foul mood after the game for some reason, moaning about the ref and how he wanted to get home otherwise he would hit the ref if he saw him. Ha ha.
  • Options
    How late was Claus' goal against Blackburn?
  • Options
    Llera's equaliser against Swindon must've been pretty late on
  • Options

Yes I was thinking whether my feelings after Saturdays late winner had ever been topped in similar circumstances. Immediately thought of Jacko, of course, but then it came to me. Don McAllister in the 95th minute, a diving header up the covered end to make the final score Charlton 2 Nigels 1 circa 82/83.

Made even sweeter as my cousin in law (Paul Barron) was in goal. He was in a foul mood after the game for some reason, moaning about the ref and how he wanted to get home otherwise he would hit the ref if he saw him. Ha ha.

95th minute winner against Palace, that must have been amazing !
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Don't know, was too busy laughing at Big Brad Friedel to take a peak at the time
  • Options
    Looks like 98 mins might be the record!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

bobmunro said:

Don't know, was too busy laughing at Big Brad Friedel to take a peak at the time
    Me too!!
  • Options
    I seem to remember Wolves scoring a really late one a few years back. Lita made it 2-2 in added time, then they went down the other end and nicked it.
  • Options
    I don't see why it matters that it was the 98th minute, seeing as the actual playing time was the same as any other game. Surely it should be proximity to final whistle, which would be Jensen's against Blackburn as it was the final kick of the game?
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

I don't see why it matters that it was the 98th minute, seeing as the actual playing time was the same as any other game. Surely it should be proximity to final whistle, which would be Jensen's against Blackburn as it was the final kick of the game?

splitting hairs there boy.
  • Options

I seem to remember Wolves scoring a really late one a few years back. Lita made it 2-2 in added time, then they went down the other end and nicked it.

Wolves were excellent that day. Karl Henry got the last second winner after Sylvan Ebanks-Blake had scored a worldy. Totally skinned McCarthy.