Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season tickets - 16,422 so far....

edited May 2007 in General Charlton
Lifted from the CAFC mailing list, courtesy of Rick Everitt:

"The first deadline for 2007/08 season tickets closed at midnight on
Monday with the news that an incredible 16,422 Charlton fans had already
secured their seat for 2007/08."

Comments

• Options
    Clever Marketing stategy from Club really the Free Season Ticket thing !
  • Options
    Wonderful.

So much for our plastic status.
  • Options
    Good effort - so much for all the doom 'n gloom merchants.......
  • Options
    really clever if we stay up!
  • Options
    Great news.
  • Options
    Amazing news! Much much better than I expected.
  • Options
    this is important:

"1,000 of these are completely new season-ticket holders"
  • Options
    does anyone know what we started this season with ?

I know it had fallen a bit from the previous year, there may be an outside chance that even if we are relegated, we will have more season ticket holders next season than what started this one !!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Wonderful.

So much for our plastic status.
    Exactly what i thought when i saw the thread title!

The futures bright!
  • Options
    looks like the masses of Hartlepool converters may be having second thoughts... :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ketters can you give us a run down of this strategy and the economics of it again as you lost me on Saturday??

Think that was too many beers ;-)
  • Options
    wow that's superb - 1 brand new st holder amongst that lot my boy Charlie - charlton thru and thru now...
  • Options
    i'm pleasantly surprised by that, good news indeed.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]Ketters can you give us a run down of this strategy and the economics of it again as you lost me on Saturday??

Think that was too many beers ;-)

Basically if we stay up you don't get a freebie. If we go down & then fail to get up following season you don't get a freebie. If we go down then come straight back up you get the freebie. The cost of the Free season tickets to the Club would be approximately say £6Million. If they go up the ADDITIONAL TV money is something like £30 Million. Very Clever startegy if you ask me.
  • Options
    Those nice chaps at millwallonline.co.uk had a thread yesterday saying how all our season-ticket holders were just interested in Prem. football and nobody would be renewing for next season.
    Just let them know the figure at the close of play yesterday - I think they are a little shocked/gutted/jealous/gobsmacked (delete as applicable)
  • Options
    when you think that the push and all the talk has been about the sheff utd game, operation ewood and the fight against relegation and that season tickets have hardly had a mention, that figure for the season tickets is an amazing show of strength for the club's support...of course, i also think the club may have slipped up badly if renewals were running that strongly because that figure would probably have tipped a lot of waiverers into buying if the strength of renewals had been publicised more...i bet if they extended the window for another week, that figure would sell another 4/5000 season tickets by next monday night...
  • Options
    agreed LTGR, suprised there has been no advertising the fact and an extension. By stopping now, they could be losing some momentum.

Unless with the promise of the freebie, there concerned the take it will be better than financially effective ?
  • Options
    can you see into the future LTGTR?
  • Options
    What's clear is that the myth that half the people at the Valley are just there for Premiership football - and there were plenty on here shamefully peddling it - has been debunked.

We have a new generation of Charlton fans - many of them teenagers (ie the Crown Woods Addicks) from SE london and North-west Kent – who are CAFC and proud and are going to drive the club's support over the next 2/3 years.

Bring it on....
  • Options
    Only a 1000 less then Palace average gate this season, they em are a tiny club
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]does anyone know what we started this season with ?

I know it had fallen a bit from the previous year, there may be an outside chance that even if we are relegated, we will have more season ticket holders next season than what started this one !!

the o/s says we are 3,000 up on the same stage last season. Whilst we should pat ourselves on the back it's worth mentioning that Narwich have had a crap season but have already had over 18,000 renewals.
  • Options
    that's Norwich, there's nothing to do there apart from watch City or make whoopee with your Aunt.

Lets worry about us and us alone.
  • Options
    the 2 millwall boys at work were gobsmacked. I tiold them it just goes to prove what i have told them time and time again we are the BIGGEST and the BEST in South London and always will be
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]that's Norwich, there's nothing to do there apart from watch City or make whoopee with your Aunt.

Lets worry about us and us alone.

I live in Norwich. Have you seen my Aunt? She's a stunner!

Seriously, 16000+ is great at this stage.
  • Options
    Will the club continue with the Valley Express next season?
  • Options
    Nope - have got the same name

cunningstunt87 must be another Addick
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]Will the club continue with the Valley Express next season?[/quote]

Richard Murray said at the Maidstone Fans' Forum that we would. It's part of a long term strategy to build and retain support and the 16,422 points to it working although there is also the price cut, freebie and better football. Anything that makes it easier for people to get to the ground is worthwhile and when we play Crewe at home we will have between 5 and 8k tickets to sell (and we sell the tickets at full price. Only the coaches are subsidised)
  • Options
    Bear in mind our last season in the First Division we had crowds of ca 24-25K every week.