Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Church Farm Cottage, Ha(pp)isburgh, Norfolk

edited August 2015 in Not Sports Related
Hi Gang,

Thought I'd start a new thread.

Cottage is very nearly ready for letting so drop me an inbox if you're interested in staying. Any questions let me know.

Here are some pictures anyway, via our link on airbnb

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/7342879?s=vWTy

There are four bedrooms, including 2 on the ground floor, there are about 2+2, then 3 steps to get to the front door, if anyone is interested in accessibility. Sky TV and wifi. About 2.5 hours from Welling depending on conditions.

You are literally minutes walk from the beach, and coastal walks, there's a pub also walking distance, lighthouse, owl barn, playing field with football and cricket pitch, bowls club, 2 cafes, plus loads to see a short drive from there including the Norfolk Broads, Cromer, and all that Northeast Norfolk, and Great Yarmouth has to offer. 1 well behaved dog is allowed.

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Apparently they have found some of the earliest human footprints nearby, here is a picture of the local beach in the future after I've let it out to peeps on CL

;)
  • Options
    razil said:

Apparently they have found some of the earliest human footprints nearby, here is a picture of the local beach in the future after I've let it out to peeps on CL

;)

Probably Millwall fans Raz!

Good luck with the venture by the way, looks nice, the piccie of the bedroom is a bit dark though.

• Options
    edited August 2015
    yes, working on the pics.. Airbnb are sending a photographer soon, although I will take some better ones, plus we haven't quite finished dressing all the bedrooms, and a partition wall is going in upstairs - at the moment its one big room with another bedroom off it, and the kitchen is being altered a little as well as a shower going in upstairs. Believe it or not I need to put a bit of fencing in too..

The bathrooms are both ensuite, but I am hoping to persuade the missus we should make the downstairs one accessible from the lounge instead.
  • Options

razil said:

;)

Probably Millwall fans Raz!

Good luck with the venture by the way, looks nice, the piccie of the bedroom is a bit dark though.

That's because of the poltergeist.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    the scariest thing here is Mrs Razil.. ;)

I actually think that's a view from the living room, trying to find a pic of downstairs bedroom
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lovely place, looks great.
    It's a very peaceful part of the world and highly recommended.

With the bonus that Happisborough has one of the fastest eroding coastlines in Europe, so the walk to the beach will get progressively easier!
  • Options
    Are you taking it over the Christmas and New Year period?
  • Options
    Afraid so, xmas and new year are the prime weeks it seems
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Actually doing some large boulder work at the moment having said they weren't going to, we are safe tho it seems for the forseeable future - more than a hundred years - the local pub may not be there forever, not too bothered about the caravan park..

There are some major defences a little bit down the coast at low lying Sea Palling, to protect the Norfolk Broads, but HB is higher up with cliffs, and therefore not a priority.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Ok shame. am currently looking to book somewhere in that area for a few days over the new year period.
  • Options
    Why has this been sunk?
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Why has this been sunk?

Erosion
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Why has this been sunk?

Advertsing for sale/rent not permitted ?
  • Options
    I used to live in Happisburgh for a year or so....lovely place and very quiet, but some great pubs selling local brews and fresh seafood..especially sea-bass
  • Options
    Shirley no one on here could be that petty, then again...

;)