Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rotherham home game now kid for a quid

Comments

• They would do, most exciting news they've had for years, Poundland football
  • Having looked in my "chrystal" ball I predict:

someone saying it's a good idea but poor execution only for some others to say "stop moaning it's a good idea".

Someone will then use "Beyond Parody" sarcastically

A response will point out that it IS a good idea but not if no one knows about.

Some trolls will be hovering over their keyboard so they can be the first to post "bitter ex-employee"

Roland will be praised for suggesting this great idea. Others will point out it was done before at which point people will be told to stop living in the past.

Some more trolls (or most likely the same two) will post again

It will go round and round like this for a few days.

The end

This prediction has been brought to you by Delphi Oracle Services Ltd and may not be reproduced in any form without written permission.

Beyond parody

:wink:
  • stonemuse said:

Having looked in my "chrystal" ball I predict:

someone saying it's a good idea but poor execution only for some others to say "stop moaning it's a good idea".

Some trolls will be hovering over their keyboard so they can be the first to post "bitter ex-employee"

Roland will be praised for suggesting this great idea. Others will point out it was done before at which point people will be told to stop living in the past.

The end

This prediction has been brought to you by Delphi Oracle Services Ltd and may not be reproduced in any form without written permission.

Beyond parody

:wink:
    Are you a friendly troll?
  • Your best post ever Henry

The end

That's it, close the thread. Henry had just saved us from pages and pages of utter b*llocks.

The end

That's it, close the thread. Henry had just saved us from pages and pages of utter b*llocks.
    I know, what a bastard! :wink:
  • On OS now, but online booking still showing full price, but as that does not work for me, it should not be a problem. Anybody who has already bought tickets can claim a refund.
  • Sponsored links:

• i haven't read all the programme for Hull but surely they advertised it in there
  • Matter of interest how has kids for a quid influenced attendances in the past. Not much I thought? I realise that question may be beyond parody...just curious if anyone like Airman actually knows!
  • Matter of interest how has kids for a quid influenced attendances in the past. Not much I thought? I realise that question may be beyond parody...just curious if anyone like Airman actually knows!

Doubt it - he's just a bitter ex-employee ;-)

(Your list is depleting, Henry!)
  • i haven't read all the programme for Hull but surely they advertised it in there

I have and it wasn't.
  • Matter of interest how has kids for a quid influenced attendances in the past

Stop living in the past
  • Kids for a quid. How original. RD OUT.
  • Hope the team put on a good performance for the youngsters !
  • se9addick said:

Hope the team put on a good performance for the youngsters !

Beyond parody.
  • edited August 2015
    I would think this is a response to the poor Hull ticket sales, hence tickets had already gone on sale for Rotherham and been advertised at the usual prices. I would guess from previous experience that it may put 1,500 on the gate, which is good, although it's not in my experience a great driver of immediate revenue as it tends to attract more unaccompanied U18s than extra U11s dragging in adults - not least because the difference between £5/£3 and £1 is less of an incentive for the latter.

I suspect that despite the availability of other seats at £17/£21 charging £22/£26 in the upper north is not helpful to attendances generally.
  • The ticket prices are currently still the same on the booking system at the moment. The high price of train fares doesn't help. By the time I've paid for the train tickets & match tickets for the family it's quite an expensive day out - so I appreciate it when the club do special promotions like this. Hopefully it will bear fruit in years to come.
  • Sponsored links:

• I would think this is a response to the poor Hull ticket sales, hence tickets had already gone on sale for Rotherham and been advertised at the usual prices. I would guess from previous experience that it may put 1,500 on the gate, which is good, although it's not in my experience a great driver of immediate revenue as it tends to attract more unaccompanied U18s than extra U11s dragging in adults - not least because the difference between £5/£3 and £1 is less of an incentive for the latter.

I suspect that despite the availability of other seats at £17/£21 charging £22/£26 in the upper north is not helpful to attendances generally.

So a crowd of around 17,000 (top whack) would be expected?
  • edited August 2015

I would think this is a response to the poor Hull ticket sales, hence tickets had already gone on sale for Rotherham and been advertised at the usual prices. I would guess from previous experience that it may put 1,500 on the gate, which is good, although it's not in my experience a great driver of immediate revenue as it tends to attract more unaccompanied U18s than extra U11s dragging in adults - not least because the difference between £5/£3 and £1 is less of an incentive for the latter.

So a crowd of around 17,000 (top whack) would be expected?
    Depends what else is going on re comps and any other below-the-radar offers, although I doubt if Rotherham will match Hull's 1,053. They brought 783 last season, so maybe 500 this year. Given that Rotherham are unlikely to be a pull for our fans with Huddersfield on the following Tuesday, we may have struggled to match the Hull gate otherwise.

I know people will assume that winning the opening two home games, end of holidays, etc, would boost the crowd but you have to remember the match ticket sales base is very low - we will have sold under 3,000 home tickets for Hull - so even double digit percentage increases in home sales don't add that much to the total. It's just as well Rotherham isn't the Tuesday night match, as that would be dire.
  • edited August 2015
    Very cheap. But i would advise any lifer thinking of purchasing one. If you listen to estimates thrown around i reckon my two, now 27 and 25 yrs old have cost me nearing £250,0000. So while £1 seems a bargain, be warned...
  • Best way to boost attendances? Carry on winning and continue to challenge around the top two. :-)