Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

oi henry - get them to extend the s/ticket window another week

and publicise the 16,442 figure to the waiverers...lets sell the ground out for next season...

Comments

• Options
    You can still apply for a ST but you're not going to get the freebie IF we go down and come up.

16,442 is fantastic and it's still only May so we'll sell some more. More than Palace get for some home games.
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]You can still apply for a ST but you're not going to get the freebie IF we go down and come up.

16,442 is fantastic and it's still only May so we'll sell some more. More than Palace get for some home games.[/quote]

henry, maybe i read it wrongly but it looks as if they've pulled the plug on any more sales until 14th may...the club should be publicising the 16,442 figure as much as they can and trying to boost it even more ahead of the spurs game as a show of support...
  • Options
    The next chance for fans to purchase season tickets will be from May 14th, when prices for Premiership football will be at exactly the same level as the current campaign - in what will effectively be a price freeze despite the increase on the pre-April 30th rate

Quoted from the OS.

Purchase or renew?

Maybe some clarification is needed as i totally agree with LTGTR
  • Options
    of course, i do have another theory on the matter...sooner or later the club will want to start the east stand extension which will cause a bit of a problem with the capacity for a while...perhaps they are going to use the opportunity to do it next season...
  • Options
    its a mistake in my view.. how about?

"Due to enormous demand, CAFC have decided to extend the deadline for 2 weeks..."

mind you it might backfire if there aren't many applications.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]its a mistake in my view.. how about?

"Due to enormous demand, CAFC have decided to extend the deadline for 2 weeks..."

mind you it might backfire if there aren't many applications.[/quote]

i bet there's a lot of fans who had their doubts about renewing and being only one of five or 6 thousand doing so and were going to hang on until later or buy tickets on a match by match basis if we go down...i doubt there's not many that would have thought we'd sell 16,442 after last saturday's result...but selling that many already will give a lot of comfort and encouragement to others to buy their own s/ticket asap...
  • Options
    Having set the deadline and given people 7 or 8 weeks to apply it is only fair to those who have applied to close the offer at the time the club said it would. To extend it would be unfair to those that have renewed and mean that should there be another offer or deadline in future years people will ignore it on the grounds that it will just be extended.

There are likely, IMHO, to be some more sales as some people will be waiting until they know which division we are in and some will wait till August cos they always do. Again IMHO those who were attracted by the freebie will have already have applied so extending the freebie deadline will annoy a lot of the 16,000 for the benefit of a few.

Personally I think the marketing has gone really well. Every ST holder got the pack with their name on the shirt - nice one whoever did that - and the prices and freebie have been all over the local press, hence the 1000 "cleanskins"

Well done to the fans I say as they have backed the club during the bad times. 16K+ ST already with, IMHO, more ST to come plus walk ups, Valley Express and away fans mean that crowds will be over 20,000 most weeks and often higher.

So some came to see Prem football but they are staying to watch Charlton. It's a long term strategy to build support which is why Millwall and Palace will never get it. They can't see beyond this week and their prejudices. We have been and are now the biggest club in South London. FACT.
  • Options
    how about looking at the bigger picture and the amount of money the club could potentially lose if another 5,000 signed up and then we came straight back up?

based on a £300 ticket thats about £1,500,000

just a thought
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]how about looking at the bigger picture and the amount of money the club could potentially lose if another 5,000 signed up and then we came straight back up?

based on a £300 ticket thats about £1,500,000

just a thought[/quote]

peanuts...the real money is having a visibly full ground to display to the world's media and its viewers/readers and selling the ancialliary stuff off the back of that...image rights and merchandise is where the club's income priorities should lay...and a ground with empty seats hurts those income streams...
  • Options
    Sir Henry said...There are likely, IMHO, to be some more sales as some people will be waiting until they know which division we are in and some will wait till August cos they always do. Again IMHO those who were attracted by the freebie will have already have applied so extending the freebie deadline will annoy a lot of the 16,000 for the benefit of a few.

I would not be annoyed if the deadline was extended.....if it gets more season ticket applications. I would have bought a season ticket anyway regardless of which division.

Like the interesting slant on the East stand redevelopment.....Just imagine a further 3,000 East Standers out singing the covered end....shall we sing a song for you!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    People have still got all summer to buy tickets and whichever division we are in they will still be good value compared to most other Prem or Champ clubs. You have to end of the offer at some point and when you said you would seems as good a time as any.
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I agree, I wouldn't be annoyed by an extension of the offer, but of course it does have to end sometime.

One thing I would say is that it might be harder to sell STs if we go down, because some people might think "Well I missed out on the free offer, so there's no point getting a ticket now"

By the way changing tack to away support, I posted this yesterday Henry, wondered if you might have some comments?
    I agree with no more one-off operations I think - they have been a great rallying cause but the results have never followed.
    We have these operations because we have such a low level of away support, what might be more effective is to spend the money they cost in another way .... to try to boost our regular away support. No magic wand of course but perhaps could be a handful of initiatives

e.g.
    1. priority membership scheme for away fans - 3 away stubs can be exchanged for free membership, priority over VG - just being a member of an away ticket scheme might make people more likely to go away more often

2. give all ST holders a voucher for free coach travel to an away game (north of London) of their choice - first need 1 ticket stub from any away game apart from ManU/Chels/Liverpool/Arsenal.
  • Options
    Didn't see that Salad so thanks for bringing it up. I still think that a better priority/loyalty scheme and will try to convince those that make these decisions of that. I agree that being a member of a scheme will in be an encouragement but theres also needs to be a long term benefit. I think that should we go down away support will increase assuming that we compete and win more, there will be new and not recently visited grounds, lots of away days in the SE and midlands plus some small away ends.