Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

clearly none of us read the sun - carson may stay

SCOTT CARSON is ready to stay at Charlton if they beat the drop from the Premiership.

The England keeper, currently on a season’s loan from Liverpool, has just been voted Charlton’s Player of the Year.

He said: “I like the club, I like everyone here and I like the players. Hopefully, we can get a few more points and stay up. Then it will be a possibility.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-10151,00.html

Comments

• Options
    lifted from the OS on Monday
  • Options
    All nice words but sadly it's not up to him is it. Even if we do stay up, I can't see us being able to afford him, and that's even assuming Liverpool want to sell....
  • Options
    Liverpool don't want him Medders. Benitez has signed the Italy u21 keeper as Reina back up
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge Knows[/cite]Liverpool don't want him Medders. Benitez has signed the Italy u21 keeper as Reina back up

Didn't know that.

Think there'll be bigger clubs in for him than us. Would love him to stay, but just can't see it
  • Options
    It's all paper-talk cobblers
  • Options
    http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=30798
  • Options
    This is the thing that hurts the most about Relegation the players that DO care & HAVE performed like Carson & Bent will be the first to go.
  • Options
    Those comments are kind of out of context anyway. They are part of his speech accepting the player of the year award where he says how much he likes the club and hopes we stay up.

What was he going to say?
  • Options
    STAYIN' UP
  • Options
    ScoSco
    edited May 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Centenary_Shirt[/cite]Those comments are kind of out of context anyway. They are part of his speech accepting the player of the year award where he says how much he likes the club and hopes we stay up.

What was he going to say?

I can exclusively reveal Marcus Bent's Not Player of the Year speech, to give some context here:

"Yeah, well. I'm better than this ain't I Danielle? That's a rhetorical question luv, go get the Crystal in. Anyways, whatever, got a light anyone?"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Salad Spinner[/cite]lifted from the OS on Monday[/quote]

but if its in the sun it must be true...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ltgtr[/cite]SCOTT CARSON is ready to stay at Charlton if they beat the drop from the Premiership.

The England keeper, currently on a season’s loan from Liverpool, has just been voted Charlton’s Player of the Year.

He said: “I like the club, I like everyone here and I like the players. Hopefully, we can get a few more points and stay up. Then it will be a possibility.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-10151,00.html

I don' want to appear overly negative on a first post, but there is an irony to the Carson comment.

Spin is an interesting thing, what Carson said has little practical difference to ZZ(alegedly) saying that he would be off if we were relegated. Saying I'd love to stay if you stay up is much the same only filtered through Max Clifford.

Don't get me wrong, I'd almost prefer to hang on to Scott Carson than his holiness Darren Bent.

Hello everyone BTW!
  • Options
    welcome captain

agreed, i think people are getting carried away with his enthusasm. he's at a player of the year do, he's hardly likely to say "thanks for that guys, but you're going down and then i'm orf cos you're all rubbish"
  • Options
    As others have said the decision isn't his or ours but Liverpool's.

However if we sell Bent then the money would be there to make an offer.

Will Carson be content to sit on the bench for Liverpool with the odd start? Will Liverpool loan him out to us for another season?
  • Options
    i have heard that if we stay up, Carson is keen to stay.
  • Options
    Would a million be enough to secure his services and what sort of wages is he on... Liverpool have signed another young goalkeeper to arrive in the summer?