Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Advice from TV experts needed please

2»

Comments

• Options
    BT Have just started BT Sport Ultra. They showed the Moto GP at the weekend in Ultra. Will only work though if you have their Ultra Freeview box and it's hard-wired to the router - or through a Powerline connector (which I use).
  • Options
    4k will be a fantastic when it hits. It's just other bits of technology, like storage, render speeds and an efficient codec for online video will need to catch up before it is as widespread as HD is now. We're where HD was in about 2003-4
  • Options
    It's good news for pigeons they will be able to watch movies for the first time, albeit a bit flickery. Anything less than 100 frames per seconds as a series of still slides for a bird.
  • Options
    Modern video games run at higher frame rates - 60fps for the most part. The thing about movies is, nobody is ready for it yet. The Hobbit tried it and everyone freaked out, but it makes sense. When a camera moves during a 25fps shot, everything is blurry. With a higher frame rate, the image is much, much smoother. But it ameks everything look like normal telly.

Also, I discovered you can't use any old Netflix app to get 4k. You can't watch it through an XB, PS4 or Apple TV - I had to use the app that was on the TV, but as my TV doesn't 'out' into the sound system, I can't have good sound with a good picture!
  • Options
    I think you can get them on ebay for a fiver anyway
  • Options
    As Jimmy says, the only reason to get a 2.0 HDMI cable is for video games that play at 60fps. You'll only get these on a PC though as consoles can't do 4k. So unless you have an expensive gaming PC, save yourself £90 and use the one you had on your old TV.
  • Options
    As in £4,000?

Sterling for £50m
    A TV for £4,000
    A beer for £6

The world has gone mad!
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    dizzee said:

As in £4,000?

Sterling for £50m
    A TV for £4,000
    A beer for £6

The world has gone mad!

The TV's are actually far less expensive than £4k i think... but oi'm probably wrong as screen size and manufacturer will come into it.