Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

If you did add Yann (just out of interest)

edited September 2015 in General Charlton
To the squad, what would be your striking pairing out of:

Makienok
Igor
Watt
Reza
Ahearne-Grant
Yann

1. If everyone was fit.
2. If Makienok is sidelined for 4-6 weeks

Comments

• Options
    1)Yann and igor
    2) same as 1
  • Options
    I know we all loved him but please no more yann love threads he deserted Us and has long gone
  • Options
    Did someone mention Yann?
  • Options
    Big Mak and Watt.
  • Options
    Yann is 33 and came in overweight apparently at the start of the season.

No change, Mak and Watt. Igor as 3rd striker.
  • Options
    Mak and Watt. Or Mak and Igor. Or Igor and Watt.

Depending on how they are playing, and who we're playing against. If the opposition have giant, lumbering defenders then (fit) Igor's pace will be much more of a threat than Mak's height
  • Options
    1. Mak and Watt
    2. Yann and Watt
  • Options
    I'd use Yann and Watt and then rotate to Mak and Igor when the opposition tire
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1 Yann & Watt

2 Yann & Watt
  • Options
    Yann in the hole with Ansah and Igor up top.
  • Options
    I would play yann behind watt and veto
  • Options
    KAG and no one else
  • Options
    When does the loan window start?

Best CL stock up on the Kleenex® just in case!
  • Options
    Hard to know 2 years older but if he is still as good as he was then no contest, Yann and Watt all day long. That said, it would nice to have the luxury Bournemouth did last season of not using him every game and rotating to keep everyone fresh and using the right pairing v the oppositions CB pairing.
  • Options
    Not forgetting Yann and JBG taking free kicks!!! Might as well give us the title save other clubs embarrassment
  • Options
    Has he not gone to the massives then? thought they had a bid accepted
  • Options
    Was at the Bournemouth Leicester game Saturday, strangely as it might sound his warm up was pure shite and a half time when all the subs came on he was 5 minutes late to join them and this did not go unobserved by their fitness coach. He never warmed up and down the touch line during the 2nd half, and at the end did not go on the pitch like all the players and Eddie Howe did to clap the crowd. He is now 4th choice at Bournemouth, looked a bit bulkier than I remembered and my guessing is his time there is numbered. Do I want him back, no way, we have enough up front as well as youth coming through, we need players who have pace and can go past opponents to create for others, as good as he was for us those days are now well and truly beyond him.
  • Options
    1 - Watt/Yann, no question.
    2 - see above
    p.s. Ahearne-Grant and Reza should not even be allowed on the same list as Watt/Yann !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2015
    At 18 months older, on the basis that he couldn't keep fit when he left, I doubt he could be fit enough to play enough to develop a decent understanding with any of our strikers.

For that reason I wouldn't take him back or play him if he managed to get back.

I do understand the upset at the time, but he left us for the money and he suddenly doesn't like the fact that he is not playing, and wants to leave. I bet he doesn't want to take a pay cut though.

I suspect that he will, eventually, be loaned out and keep his salary, but if he is not as fit as he was then he might find it tough to get into a Championship club's first team.

I have no animosity against him for leaving (got to lookout for his family etc.) but at the same time I have no sympathy for him either. He made his bed and all that.

I realise that my post was not asked for by the OP but, holistically, I am frustrated by the clamour to bring him back. He has moved on and so have we. I think we are stronger, up front, than we ever were when he was with us and I think that is a good thing.
  • Options
    For those who keep bringing up this "greed" nonsense - have another read of Yann's detailed interview about what actually went down. I know everyone has probably seen it, but take another look and tell me there isn't enough detail there to suggest that maybe, just maybe, there was more in his decision than just greed? southlondonpress.co.uk/article.cfm?id=144&headline=Yann%20Kermorgant:%20I%20felt%20pushed%20out%20of%20Charlton&searchyear=2014

Disclaimer - Yann lovers will find themselves in a state of sorrow reading it.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Yann and Watt would be incredible.

Think a few are trying to force the idea that he is not as good as he actually is just because they're a) not happy with how he left, or b) don't want to get caught up in the excitement that everyone else is at the idea.

He is an exceptional player for a club of our level. He was a regular goalscorer for a team that has just won the league, and he absolutely adores Charlton. If you want to turn him down then I honestly don't know what else you would want out of a signing.

For me I would want to see a track record of not being ineligible through injury.

I'm not bothered about the loyalty angle or the suggestions that he refused to play in a game, that we needed him, in to prevent him being contractually obligated for another year on less than he was offered elsewhere.

It is neive to suggest that a 33 year old is as good as he was eighteen months earlier but even if he's not lost any of his pace (which the observations of him being a little more 'stocky' suggest) he had lenghty periods of injury in both of the years he was with us.

With a limited budget, which we probably, and should, have, carrying a player who is injured and struggles to get back to full fitness is not a sensible approach, especially when we have a decent, enough, set of strikers already.

Just my view, clearly, but I don't think he would have anything like he impact he had when he first joined us.

I also prefer to allow legends to stay that way rather than bring them back when they are a shadow of their former selves.
  • Options
    edited September 2015

cafctom said:

Yann and Watt would be incredible.

Think a few are trying to force the idea that he is not as good as he actually is just because they're a) not happy with how he left, or b) don't want to get caught up in the excitement that everyone else is at the idea.

He is an exceptional player for a club of our level. He was a regular goalscorer for a team that has just won the league, and he absolutely adores Charlton. If you want to turn him down then I honestly don't know what else you would want out of a signing.

It is neive to suggest that a 33 year old is as good as he was eighteen months earlier but even if he's not lost any of his pace (which the observations of him being a little more 'stocky' suggest) he had lenghty periods of injury in both of the years he was with us.
    Based on what he was doing at Bournemouth up until May this year there is a chance he could very well be even better. He was certainly scoring more goals than he was for us.

If anything it is naive to suggest that he isn't as good simply because he is 33.
  • Options
    Totally ignoring the question

In all seriousness what is going on with Igor
    take out the first dozen or so games for us ,when he was unplayable and looked potentially the find of the century
    Since the injury or whatever he has been a shadow of his former self , with his pace and touch being nowhere near the player we had at the beginning
    I'm more worried about whether the old Igor will ever return because the one we've had for the last ten months is nothing of note

On a separate note Yann and Watt with Big Mak coming on as a plan B
    Fitness and pace have never been a huge part of Yanns game
    He's prolly comfort eating cos he's missing SE7
  • Options
    A. Watt and Mak
    B. Watt and Moveon
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:

A shadow of his former self? He scored 17 goals last season.

Too old to sign for us at the time, so he went and scored 17 goals somewhere else and we took on the 31 year old Lepointe.

Give me an old Yann in place of an (any aged) Duchatelet any day.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    A watt and mak
    B watt and yann