Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rotherham H Saturday 12th - Train disruption

edited September 2015 in General Charlton
Planned engineering work will take place.
Between Charlton and Slade Green
From 01:15, Saturday 12 September 2015 to 04:00, Monday 14 September 2015.
Some services will be replaced by buses between Charlton and Dartford.

Additional Information:
There are no train services calling at (in alphabetical order) Abbey Wood, Belvedere, Erith, Plumstead, Slade Green, Woolwich Arsenal or Woolwich Dockyard. However, there are replacement bus services, calling at these stations, operating in each direction between Charlton and Dartford.
Please note: London Cannon Street/Gillingham services will be diverted between Blackheath and Dartford, calling additionally at Eltham and Bexleyheath as a result of this diversion, there are no train services operating between Blackheath and Charlton.
Passengers who wish to make this journey can do so by via the Docklands Light Railway (DLR) between Lewisham and Greenwich. Valid train tickets will be accepted for travel on the DLR, in either direction, between Lewisham and Greenwich.

Comments

• Options
    Hassle. 54 bus me thinks.
  • Options
    Sometimes I think they look at the fixture list and plan these 'engineering works' to cause maximum disruption.
  • Options
    Thanks for the heads up though mate.
  • Options
    It's virtually every home game. Starting to think my wife is behind it all to stop me getting pissed
  • Options
    Cannon st trains every 30 mins rather than 10 and nothing from Charing X (or Waterloo East)
  • Options
    Thanks for letting us know. A 30 minute service to London is ridiculous, do they expect the crowds that fit onto the normal trains to manage on a 1/3 of the service?

I do think the club need to be more informative about these rail changes, far more useful than all the commercial blurb they email us!
  • Options

I'm going to the game by train on Saturday as going to the Joshua fight at the O2 after and my line to Stratford is up the shoot as well, replacement bus zzz

Lots of engineering works planned this weekend

Choo choo
  • Options
    Every bloody home game lately
  • Options

I do think the club need to be more informative about these rail changes, far more useful than all the commercial blurb they email us!

I've said for years that the club should include interesting train facts, train information and timetables with the marketing emails.
  • Options
    IA said:

I've said for years that the club should include interesting train facts, train information and timetables with the marketing emails.
    Well it's pointless us trying to increase gates, if there are virtually no trains running!

With the London Bridge work going on for years, next season it will be a lot easier for many people in Kent to take the Javelin to say Stratford International... Imagine if someone was to move a rival football club there...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Beckboy said:

Every bloody home game lately

Yeah seems like it.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Can't beat a decent train thread :wink: seriously cheers @CoveredEnd looks like the Ford Popular Deluxe will have to come out of mothballs yet again :smiley:
  • Options
    So are the trains from London Bridge to Charlton ( and visa versa) running ok on Saturday?
  • Options

So are the trains from London Bridge to Charlton ( and visa versa) running ok on Saturday?

Yes
  • Options

No

Every 30 minutes instead of 10 minutes
  • Options
    For our game against hull I went into London Bridge from barnehurst then jumped on a train down to Charlton from there.
  • Options

No

At 59 and 29 according to the site I looked at.
  • Options

No

Assuming that we play 'Guy time', first train back into London Bridge after the game isn't until nearly 5:30. Got a feeling the station is going to be rammed
  • Options
    Walk or catch a bus to North Greenwich.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Walk or catch a bus to North Greenwich.

That's the plan for Fulham and I suspect we might do it Saturday too
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So, let's get this clear, I want to travel from Dartford to Charlton (avoiding the poxy buses), will I still be able to get the train (via Bexleyheath) to Blackheath, change for train to Charlton?
  • Options
    edited September 2015

So, let's get this clear, I want to travel from Dartford to Charlton (avoiding the poxy buses), will I still be able to get the train (via Bexleyheath) to Blackheath, change for train to Charlton?

No, here's the extract from OP above 'there are no train services operating between Blackheath and Charlton.'
  • Options

No mate. Go to Lewisham, get the DLR to Greenwich, then the train a couple of stops to Charlton.
  • Options
    Thanks, looks like beer will have to wait until I get home, car it is!
  • Options

No mate. Go to Lewisham, get the DLR to Greenwich, then the train a couple of stops to Charlton.
    The trains at Greenwich will be rammed, unless everyone from central London take a different route, good luck in getting on
  • Options

The trains at Greenwich will be rammed, unless everyone from central London take a different route, good luck in getting on
    Very true, although I tend to go earlier than the really busy times. Getting back after the game may not be much fun. Don't they usually lay on extra trains after a home game?
  • Options

Very true, although I tend to go earlier than the really busy times. Getting back after the game may not be much fun. Don't they usually lay on extra trains after a home game?
    Yes, in addition to the regular 10 minute service, I'd be surprised if these are laid on
  • Options

the way I go ( I travel from barnehurst ), get on the train via Bexleyheath stay on to London bridge walk over to platform 2 I think and there's a via Charlton every half hour. if you time it right should only be about a 15/20 minute wait at London bridge, if your there early we tend to pop into all bar one for a drink.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
  • Options
    Charlton supporters travelling by train to and from Saturday’s clash with Rotherham United at The Valley may experience disruption due to engineering works.

Works are taking place between Charlton and Dartford meaning Charlton station will receive only two trains an hour from London Cannon Street via the Greenwich line.

These trains will terminate at Charlton and then return back to Cannon Street. Anyone wishing to continue their journey to Dartford will need to do so via a Bus replacement service.

Trains between London Cannon Street and Gillingham via Woolwich Arsenal are diverted between London Bridge and Dartford and will call additionally at London Bridge, Lewisham, Blackheath, Eltham and Bexleyheath.

Meanwhile, the televised home game with Fulham which has been moved to Sunday, October 4th (12pm), will also see major disruption on the train lines, with no services running to Charlton on the day.

Engineering work is taking place between Plumstead and Slade Green closing all lines, meaning supporters who usually travel to The Valley by train will have to make alternative arrangements.

For full information on Southeastern's engineering works, visit https://www.southeasternrailway.co.uk/your-journey/engineering-work/

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/train-disruption-charlton-fulham-rotherham-2675822.aspx#kZTEGMOqhHfriuue.99