Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Any school teachers on Charlton Life?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Davo55 said:

RedChaser said:

Davo55 said:

Blimey, didn't have any clue there were so many teachers on here. Has anyone ever done a survey of Lifer occupations? Could be a fascinating insight into the factors informing our diverse views on stuff.

Me neither Davo! Decent bunch of people on here - for sure.

Maybe you should start up a "What do you do?" thread ;)
    You won't get anything out of me other than rank, name and serial number :wink:
    Is that you Pike?
    Damn, cover blown already :wink:
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Those that can, do.
    Those who can't, teach.

Ducks and runs for cover..........

Which was added to when I was at teacher training college in the early 70s'
    and those that cannot do either, teach teachers, to teach.......

• Options
    Fiiish said:

You'll be surprised who on here is or has ever been a teacher.

How's it going A?

Any little annoying shits? :smiley:

• Options

Thanks all for such great responses! Managed to get 84 so far. Should have put a final question of "which team do you support?" to see the number of Lifers who have contributed.

All this data is going to be very useful when we start setting up the site (some time next month).

Behaviour manager in NW.
    Potentially subject to manipulation but that goes for all review sites. Can see somebody being given the job of managing school's rep!

This is a major issue for sure. One way we will try to prevent this is by sending verification emails to the teachers' school email addresses, although there are worries that Senior Management will try to rig it. Having said that, some of the responses on the survey show that there are quite a few disgruntled people in high positions as well!

You're right though... A major criticism of all these types of sites is the fact that you generally only get very strong opinions on them. Any suggestions on how to stop this would be welcome...
    Tricky - Staff turnover can be an indicator of issues, the higher the number of submissions a school receives the louder the alarm bells ring, conversely an unlisted school would suggest a stable and reasonable work environment. Of course this would be the site being used in exactly the opposite way for it to be commercially viable.

Valid point - I suppose we could also see if we can get the data for the objective data on the school (i.e. Ofsted rating, A*-C grades, staff turnover) and then try to present them alongside the subjective opinions of the teachers (i.e. student behaviour, attitude of management, career opportunities etc.).

Would also hope that the teachers who work at the stable schools would want to express their satisfaction by leaving a review, although as you mentioned before it tends to be the ones who have had the most extreme experiences who tend to write about them!