Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Orpington

After being on this Forum for a few years know its one of the best places to come for advice.

Going to be starting a new job in Orpington @ the end of the month... Basically going to be driving from Strood on alternate days (i.e. Monday - Wednesday - Friday one week / Tuesday - Thursday the next) as the days I dont drive, I'll simply be getting a lift from my Fiancee who also works in the area - The days I do have to drive though I'll need to park in the Town Centre area and wondered if anyone knows of any good places to park?

One thing I have noticed is the Walnut Shopping Centre offers £50.00 per month (or £2.50 per day) all day parking for those that work in London and need to get a train or for those (like myself) who work in Orpington.

Is there anyone who takes advantage of this... What is this specific Car Park like?

Comments

• Options
    The big Tesco!

When that store was built I asked the leading developer "Don't you think building a big tesco here is going to destroy all the businesses on the high street?"

He replied, "well the parking is going to be free so it will re-vitalise the high street!"

So from that what he was basically saying is that you can park there whilst you work FA.
  • Options

The big Tesco!

When that store was built I asked the leading developer "Don't you think building a big tesco here is going to destroy all the businesses on the high street?"

He replied, "well the parking is going to be free so it will re-vitalise the high street!"

So from that what he was basically saying is that you can park there whilst you work FA.

Parking is only free for 2 or 3 hours I think.

• Options
    Only 3 hours in Tescos, free parking in Kynaston Road area which runs parallel to Court Road(orpington by pass) .Quiet residential area about 10 mins walk from the High Street. Any area around the station is a no go.