Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    This could be interesting
  • Options
    I like the "Babe of the day" feature on the right
  • Options
    So to summarise, Liege's new chairman has said last season a payer paid a coach to pick him, Standard had 3 coaches last season (Luzon, Riga, the other one). Luzon denies and wants the chairman to name and shame
  • Options

It could never happen in the English game.

Niko Kranjcar needs some more games...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

My favourite translated verse:

"Guy Luzon is pissed and he informed the DH"

I like Luzon's threat to "attack to justice"
  • Options
    When I read that I thought to myself "How bad can a player be to have to do that?"

Then I realized Standard Liege, whilst having some good players, also have the likes of Thuram.

(*I am in no way saying that Thuram is the guilty party, just that he is shite*)
  • Options
    Remember, Liège is the maffia capital of northern Europe !
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

I'm sure Katrien can point Guy in the direction of a very good litigation lawyer!!

Venanzi is on the same dodgy ground as Jesse Norman MP this afternoon and his comments about London Marathon athletes.

Either name names and produce the evidence or keep your trap shut!

Not really Norman is the more cowardly as cannot be sued while he is hiding behind parliamentary privilege.
  • Options
    "On Wednesday morning, the controversy took another step when Sudpresse, on its website, named a player (Jonathan Legear), coach (José Riga), and a motive: by getting playing time in the playoffs, Legear could ask the club to reevaluate his contract. The player was quick to deny the allegation via Twitter: "I've no reason to reproach myself. I am also a supporter of Standard!" For his part José Riga, now coach of FC Metz (French D2) stated the day before the Sudpresse article that he did not "feel at all concerned about this controversy." In the Riga era, Jonathan Legear, recruited in late February, came on as a sub 3 times, playing for a total of 63 minutes, scoring once. At the same time, the Belgian Football Union confirmed it had opened an investigation after these statements to determine whether competition could have been falsified, which probably will not be easy to prove but it demonstrates that the sincerity of Bruno Venanzi might have consequences for the Standard that the club president certainly did not envisage."

http://www.rtl.be/sport/football/football-belgique/les-confidences-de-bruno-venanzi-mettent-le-football-belge-dans-tous-ses-etats-752797.aspx
  • Options
    Riga out.
  • Options
    I knew that Guy Luzon was Innocent OK.
    so far the only presents he has received are,
    A Suffolk punch,
    A German sausage,
    French Bread,
    Danish Pastry,
    Icelandic saltfiiish,
    welsh Rarebit,
    Irish Stew,
    Belgium waffle
    Spanish tapas,
    Pie and mash, All Kosher of course.
    And last and least a Glasgow Kiss !

In Guy we trust.
  • Options

"On Wednesday morning, the controversy took another step when Sudpresse, on its website, named a player (Jonathan Legear), coach (José Riga), and a motive: by getting playing time in the playoffs, Legear could ask the club to reevaluate his contract. The player was quick to deny the allegation via Twitter: "I've no reason to reproach myself. I am also a supporter of Standard!" For his part José Riga, now coach of FC Metz (French D2) stated the day before the Sudpresse article that he did not "feel at all concerned about this controversy." In the Riga era, Jonathan Legear, recruited in late February, came on as a sub 3 times, playing for a total of 63 minutes, scoring once. At the same time, the Belgian Football Union confirmed it had opened an investigation after these statements to determine whether competition could have been falsified, which probably will not be easy to prove but it demonstrates that the sincerity of Bruno Venanzi might have consequences for the Standard that the club president certainly did not envisage."

http://www.rtl.be/sport/football/football-belgique/les-confidences-de-bruno-venanzi-mettent-le-football-belge-dans-tous-ses-etats-752797.aspx

ie the new owner of SL is an idiot and should keep his big mouth shut next time?
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Sudpresse said: "According to our sources, the player in question would be Legear. The entourage of the former Anderlecht player put pressure on Riga. By playing in the play-offs, Legear would be in a position to ask the club to renogotiate his recent contract for better contract conditions."

ie the new owner of SL is an idiot and should keep his big mouth shut next time?
    With respect to the Belgian FA investigation, part of the sudpresse article says: "If the facts are proved, the player and coach involved risk a suspension and/or a fine. The club, by contrast, would not suffer any sanctions since neither Venanzi nor the then chairman of Standard, Roland Duchâtelet, would have been aware at the time."

That's just their assessment of it, too. So Venanzi may have felt he was on safe ground, since he stopped short of naming anyone, anyway. It is sudpresse who have jumped in and taken a risk by naming names.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    skywalker said:

Remember, Liège is the maffia capital of northern Europe !

That's funny, because after watching "Salamander" I understood that Belgium is entirely controlled by some banking-politico mafia and they definitely weren't in Liege.:-)
  • Options

This is scandalous. Next we will have an owner telling a manager not to play someone in case that triggers a new contract/payment ;-)

Or a player refusing to play for the same reason
  • Options
    Surprised Churchy didn't pay Guy for a new contract.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Surprised Churchy didn't pay Guy for a new contract.

He couldn't afford it :wink: .
  • Options
    A useless player trying to pay someone at Charlton to get a game would be.... Lepointless...