Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Press Conference Tomorrow

edited May 2007 in General Charlton
What time is the CL squads announced tom??

Anyone had the nod by phonecall for a call up from the vets to the younger squads??

Comments

• Options
    I'm preparing myself for a 'Shevchenko moment', where I'm not going to make the squad, in which case I'm going to throw all my toys out of the pram....
  • Options
    I think you have the honour of being one of the first people to post that old Classic Thread Title 'Press Conference' as so commonly used on netaddicks during the close season. Congratulations DD :-)

I think I have been relegated to the special needs game due to excessive drinking of late.
  • Options
    i bet this thread has had so many looks without posting!
  • Options
    Oi!!!! Our Match will be made up of special people - but we don't need special needs! ;-)

Mx
  • Options
    Press conference called to announce squads and itinery at 2pm tomorrow.

Currently having problems with Ketman's registration, seems to be an ownership problem, but this doesn't seem to be a serious issue nowadays.
  • Options
    Doe's this mean that his sponsors have put more money in than him, so in rights they own him ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]
    I think I have been relegated to the special needs game due to excessive drinking of late.

jesus christ. what have i let myself in for? doesn't ketman still play (vets) football, even after lifer alldayers?
    either the standard of football/fitness is gonna be too much for me, or there are a lot of people bigging themselves up for this.

whisper to oohahh.. you play left wing for 1 side in the unfit game and i'll play right back for the other. you wont have to track back and i wont have to run too far either ;-)
  • Options
    an update to my fitness campaign in order to take some part in Charltonlife`s charity football match, I have now lost 2 stone and play regularly (alright, once a week) in a small sided game, and have gained some sort resembulance to fit- ish fifty year old rather than a slob, I would like to thank all those who took time out to advise me on what to do, and what not to do, with 22 days to go my weight is 12st 9lbs from 14st 10lbs, and for the record I`m now lighter than Luva-luva who has taken my title of a fat git ; ) subject to selection, I feel I will now have some chance of lasting the sixty minutes, in what is being unfairly labeled, the special needs team ; ) I eagerly await tomorrows press conferance.
  • Options
    Wow covered end. Big congratulations... i wish i could follow my own advice, ive lost 5lbs!! I take my hat off to you mate.

Im really trying to line up the services of a fully qualified physio for the day so help could be on hand for some of you lesser abled.
  • Options
    whisper to PBS ... you remember my lack of fitness , once described in the cup final program as 'the unfittest 21 year old ever' now the unfittest 36 year old..... hopefully you can mark me and we can make each other look comfortable on the ball ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Wow covered end. Big congratulations... i wish i could follow my own advice, ive lost 5lbs!! I take my hat off to you mate.

Im really trying to line up the services of a fully qualified physio for the day so help could be on hand for some of you lesser abled.

Hope he looks like the Aero Advert Man !!!! ;-)

xx
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Wow covered end. Big congratulations... i wish i could follow my own advice, ive lost 5lbs!! I take my hat off to you mate.

the physio`s a good start, but I still think a heart surgeon would be preferable : )
  • Options
    i have a feeling that at least one of these games is going to resemble 'Its a Knockout' !!!

This is what its about though guys, its not about the football, its about everyone coming together, having a laugh, a few beers and raising money for a good cause.

Serious day it won't be.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Im really trying to line up the services of a fully qualified physio for the day so help could be on hand for some of you lesser abled.

i think as long as the physio is called frances chappell, he may be of help to me.
  • Options
    Not quite maria but well... it would be well worth going down with a bit of cramp at some stage!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Not quite maria but well... it would be well worth going down with a bit of cramp at some stage!

LOL At some stage!!!! - I'm that unfit I could be down from the moment I get on the pitch! ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Press conference called to announce squads and itinery at 2pm tomorrow.

Currently having problems with Ketman's registration, seems to be an ownership problem, but this doesn't seem to be a serious issue nowadays.
    not that I forsee any problems, but should you require it, my registration is currantly logged with "help the aged" in partnership with " stenner stairlifts"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MariaCAFC[/cite]

Hope he looks like the Aero Advert Man !!!! ;-)

xx

lol, I`ve just seen that advert Maria, thats another illussion I`ve shattered, my Missus is now ripping the **** out of me.
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    LOL - You also tend to find that Men that goodlooking love theirselves wayyyyyyyy to much to love anyone else - But hey as a young (ish) single gal I can dream!

:-)
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    [cite]Posted By: MariaCAFC[/cite] Hope he looks like the Aero Advert Man !!!! ;-)

sorry Maria, I made an assumption there, that you were talking about me, rather than the Physio ; (
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2007
    LOL Sorry Mate - cross wires!

Mx
  • Options
    Bless him. I thought that he had his wires crossed but didnt like to say anything!!

ha ha! am sure you're nicer than the Aero man.. who incidentally i just had to look up who he was as its been bugging me for weeks as i recognised his "face". I preferred him as Smith and blond in Sex in the City.
  • Options
    I can eat 6 choclate aeros without a break
  • Options
    ha ha! am sure you're nicer than the Aero man.. who incidentally i just had to look up who he was as its been bugging me for weeks as i recognised his "face". I preferred him as Smith and blond in Sex in the City.[/quote]

like a combination of Thomas Graveson, Lee Carsley and a 53 bus : (