Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ipswich at home now on Sky (Sat 28/11, 12.30)

Guessing there will be no trains

Comments

• Options
    can't they show us away somewhere
  • Options
    Why is it always home games!
  • Options
    ALSO hilarious to see the reaction on twitter. Sky announce half a dozen TV games without Leeds' inclusion and Leeds fans are fuming that they're not included!

• Options
    Fuck off with the home games. Show us away to somewhere shit up north like Middlesbrough.

We was at home to Ipswich on sky last year too. How yawn.
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Fuck off with the home games. Show us away to somewhere shit up north like Middlesbrough.

To be honest thought the Ipswich home match was one of our better performances last season when we were unlucky to get any points... Was a good end2end match for the neutral so not surprised they're showing us against both Fulham and Ipswich again for that very reason, remember the ref having nothing to do for the first 30mins
  • Options
    edited September 2015
  • Options
    I'm more confused than annoyed. Surely the main thing when Sky pick games is viewing figures.

So why not pick a game where we (Charlton fans ie. those that will be most interested) will actually tune in in numbers and boost their viewing figures, such as a game up north where not many of us will go to?

Very odd.
  • Options

I'm more confused than annoyed. Surely the main thing when Sky pick games is viewing figures.

So why not pick a game where we (Charlton fans ie. those that will be most interested) will actually tune in in numbers and boost their viewing figures, such as a game up north where not many of us will go to?

Very odd.

So why not pick a game where Ipswich fans (ie. those that will be most interested) will actually tune in in numbers and boost their viewing figures, such as a game where the away end is sold so where not many Ipswich will go to?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Very odd.

So why not pick a game where Ipswich fans (ie. those that will be most interested) will actually tune in in numbers and boost their viewing figures, such as a game where the away end is sold so where not many Ipswich will go to?
    Charlton isn't exactly the hardest place to get from from Ipswich. If they were to flip it and look at which away fans would be most likely to tune in surely you pick a northern team?

I know you are just trying to play devils advocate, but surely you can see what I meant?

Charlton v Fulham and now Charlton v Ipswich aren't exactly games where large numbers of fans who want to be there (and so would tune in on tv) can't be.
  • Options

Very odd.

Didnt Ipswich sell out the Jimmy Seed Stand (or come close) for the fixture last season?
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Like buses! Went from being invisible to being sky's main profit pullers! ;)
  • Options
    What! No Leeds matches?
  • Options

What! No Leeds matches?

Hull are the new Leeds
  • Options
    Absolutely chuffed as will be watching this in some bar in Bangkok.
  • Options

Absolutely chuffed as will be watching this in some bar in Bangkok.

Sorry BB but there's no Championship coverage on Thai TV this season. There are a few bars that have a SKY feed so you'll have to search them out and try to persuade them to put the game on.

As for me, I'll be in Las Vegas and it'll be about 5 in the morning on my mate's 50th birthday so I really don't think I'll be making that one, unfortunately.
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

I take it that you are not one of our merry band of away enthusiasts.
  • Options
    Being a fan in a country as far as China, I always feel extremely glad for this kind of news.

A bit confused though about people complaining that it's a home game. It's moved to midday so if it was an away game somewhere up north, wouldn't it be very inconvenient for the travelling fans? Why do you want it to be an away game?
  • Options
    More people are inconvenienced if a home game is moved
    Away games are attended sparsely by Charlton fans therefore less people inconvenienced for a moved away game
    and with an away fixture ,rather than most not seeing it , the opportunity to watch it on telly would arise and that would be a bonus
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wish they'd show away games way way up north.
  • Options

Away games are attended sparsely by Charlton fans therefore less people inconvenienced for a moved away game
    and with an away fixture ,rather than most not seeing it , the opportunity to watch it on telly would arise and that would be a bonus

I see. Thanks.
  • Options
    Dear Sky, next time give us Burnley/Bolton/Boro/Blackburn or some other northern hole beginning with B away from home FFS.
  • Options

Nicholas said:

I take it that you are not one of our merry band of away enthusiasts.
    I am indeed I normally do just over half the away games each season. Would be nice to watch one of the northern games on tv as they are most expensive.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    IA said:

Dear Sky, next time give us Burnley/Bolton/Boro/Blackburn or some other northern hole beginning with B away from home FFS.

Brighton?
    Ii was thinking more Brentford, that's north of the river and couldn't get a ticket last time because of all the boat trippers that came out of the woodwork :-0

Edit; but I'm not bitter
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Vincenzo said:

Am I on the right thread for people who are never happy unless they're moaning?

No this is like the majority of threads for smart arse comments.
    Fixed that for you mate :wink:
  • Options

Like I said elsewhere - it's three hours, makes little difference to most people, and if it does 99% can watch it on tele anyway.