Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Open Day about 1984

2»

Comments

• Options
    Just realised it not the covered end but its definitely my husband.
  • Options
    What hair!

They don't make em like they used to do they?
  • Options
    muzzy said:

The only seating was the stand then. West side. Pleased you have a photo of your husband.
  • Options

muzzy said:

The only seating was the stand then. West side. Pleased you have a photo of your husband.
    I'm sure the covered end had seats in '84.
  • Options

muzzy said:

Jimmy Seed stand was also seated then
  • Options
    Certain it's the West Stand - can pretty much work that out from other pics too. Think I've spotted me and my late Dad there.
    And I do believe a very well known (if not always respected) poster from here is quite prominent too...

Super pics -thanks!
  • Options

muzzy said:

Did it? Must have forgotten. The pic was the West stand though.
  • Options

muzzy said:

Did it? Must have forgotten. The pic was the West stand though.
    Think seats went in the Covered End around 1981. Sure @airmanbrown would know the exact date. I seem to remember it being mid season.
  • Options
    I thought it was later than that, but my memory is not what it was. Or anything else for that matter.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I thought it was later than that, but my memory is not what it was. Or anything else for that matter.

My first game was Simonsen's debut v Middlesbrough in 1982 and there were seats at both ends then.
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

My first game was Simonsen's debut v Middlesbrough in 1982 and there were seats at both ends then.
    yes, they were redeveloping that end during our promotion season from Div3 a couple of years earlier. Remember the away fans were fenced off in the bottom left of the East Terrace.
  • Options

Is top right Barry Little?

Top row 2nd from left is definitely Barry Little.
  • Options
    Definitely the west stand. I remember being there on that day.
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

I was there for Simonsen's debut, so must have known. Remembered the seating as being later in the 80s. This is why forums are great, brings back things you had long forgotten.
  • Options
    Putting the seating in covered end was criminal - never agreed with that

In the photo of the west stand you I think see the executive boxes they put in - they were quite swanky for the time - when valley was abandoned I 'got in' a few times and went to have a look in them

I remember the directors box seats were v comfy ex cinema seats