Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Spanish Holiday Camps

Looking to get in early and book next summers holiday now, now that our eldest is in school so who better to ask than the well travelled CL Community.

Can anyone recommend any holiday camps in Spain?

Ideally close to beach (on beach?) and not too far from restaurants and bars etc outside of the park.

Kids would be 5 + 3 by time go there so maybe a decent kids club too.

Comments

• Options
    Castell Montgri in L'Estartit which is about an hour's drive into Spain from the French border and about an 90 minute drive to Barcelona.. Been there twice. About 1 mile to the beach with a free shuttle bus. Eurocamp and Canvas both operate there. Kids clubs might be a minimum age of 4
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    El Delphin Verde just into Spain from the French border. I've been to it and to Castell Montgri and El Delphin Verde is in my opinion better. On the beach. Closest seaside town is Estartit which is a 15 min drive. Castell Montgri is situated more conveniently to Estartit but I thought the campsite much more cramped and is hilly. Both offer easy access to some lovely little towns and relatively close to motorway network.
  • Options
    Thanks - will have a look at those.
  • Options
    Camping La Siesta in Calella De Palafrugell.

Lovely little fishing village place so you get that unspoilt local Spain feel, but the campsite is really good for kids, good pools, games etc.

Close to Barcelona if you fancied a day trip too.
  • Options

Castell Montgri in L'Estartit which is about an hour's drive into Spain from the French border and about an 90 minute drive to Barcelona.. Been there twice. About 1 mile to the beach with a free shuttle bus. Eurocamp and Canvas both operate there. Kids clubs might be a minimum age of 4

This, Ive been to Castell Montgri about 3 times, great site fantastic for kids and excellent night entertainment. Well worth a look.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    I presume you are driving down ? If you are and intend to stop overnight. I stop twice. I really like the Formule 1 in a small village just south of Dijon called Nuits St. Georges. Just off motorway and right in the Village where you can get a nice evening meal. Unlike the majority of Formule 1's location wise at least. I make this my first stop overnight.

http://www.eldelfinverde.com/en/
  • Options
    I know it's not, technically Spain as it's Ibiza, but we went here:

http://www.firstchoice.co.uk/holiday/accommodation/overview/Port-des-Torrent/Holiday-Village-Seaview-Ibiza-006394

I couldn't speak highly enough about it. It was fantastic. It's all inclusive so there's nothing to pay for once you get there, but the food was amazing. The drinks were all brands you would have heard of - no cheap colas etc.

Also, the kids club (my son is probably coming to the end at eleven) was excellent. The chaps and girls that ran it seemed to love kids and all the kid seemed to love them.

The resort is not, technically, on the beach but a five (literally five) minute walk takes you to a secluded beach where they do have pedalos etc.

I have no idea what the cost is as I didn't pay for it, but I would definately go there again and would recommend it.
  • Options
    if you had paid for it KingsHill, you would very quickly have noticed the difference between a 4*+ Holliday Village hotel / waterpark complex....

... and a campsite.
  • Options

I presume you are driving down ? If you are and intend to stop overnight. I stop twice. I really like the Formule 1 in a small village just south of Dijon called Nuits St. Georges. Just off motorway and right in the Village where you can get a nice evening meal. Unlike the majority of Formule 1's location wise at least. I make this my first stop overnight.

http://www.eldelfinverde.com/en/

We went here a few years ago when my kids were younger, we drove and everyone loved it, it's a great place.