Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

North Stand Turnstiles

Never thought I would say this but well done CAFC for sorting out the turnstile problem. We can use any North Stand Turnstile to get in to the North Stand
Common sense prevails.

I would like to see today's ref and linesman languish in League 2 for a couple of months.
Outrageous decision but we should have defended the corner better.

Comments

• Options
    All they now need to sort out is someone in crossbars with a handheld scanner so we don't have to go out, down the stairs and then through the turnstile and back up past where we were just standing
  • Options

All they now need to sort out is someone in crossbars with a handheld scanner so we don't have to go out, down the stairs and then through the turnstile and back up past where we were just standing

Amen. I followed a few renegades who broke through the cordon, with some steward type screaming behind "they aaaaint bin scaaaan din"

• Options
    DA7 said:

Never thought I would say this but well done CAFC for sorting out the turnstile problem. We can use any North Stand Turnstile to get in to the North Stand
    Common sense prevails.

I would like to see today's ref and linesman languish in League 2 for a couple of months.

Every level of football should have the same professional standard of reffing.

But since the ref thinks it is perfectly legal for players to wrap their arms around another player's waist, as Rotherham did several times today, maybe they could be go sent to officiate this month's Rugby World Cup fixtures, since they're clearly in the wrong sport.
  • Options
    DA7 said:

Common sense prevails.

So does an upper west ST work from the lower north?

It didn't on the first day.
  • Options

I discussed this with an official, who I was told, was in charge. I said the same to him and he was insistent that they would need 10 scanners !

I'm obviously obtuse, because I still don't understand, why you have to go out of the stadium in order to come back in. He said it was because the maximum number of people in Crossbars was limited to 600, because of H&S.

Fair enough, but I can't comprehend why we have to leave the stadium, in order to then come back in ?

Someone also told me that you now have to do this at HT as well, although I don't know if this is true.
  • Options
    we managed to sneak through the door at the last home game but they were far more insistent this time that we weren't going out that way.

ridiculous situation, only needs 1 person with a scanner - the problem only arises with those that get in there before the turnstiles open, probably 100 at most, quick scan of the tkt as you walk through the door and all sorted.

we know the club read this board, maybe they can explain??
  • Options
    Used the Sam Bartram entrance on Saturday. No scanners fixed or handheld. Just glanced at our ST cards and in we went.
  • Options

I discussed this with an official, who I was told, was in charge. I said the same to him and he was insistent that they would need 10 scanners !

I'm obviously obtuse, because I still don't understand, why you have to go out of the stadium in order to come back in. He said it was because the maximum number of people in Crossbars was limited to 600, because of H&S.

Fair enough, but I can't comprehend why we have to leave the stadium, in order to then come back in ?

Someone also told me that you now have to do this at HT as well, although I don't know if this is true.
    Presumably it's because Crossbars is open to all fans sitting in the west/East stands as well as yours?...
  • Options
    what about if you sit in the NU though and you are literally a short flight of stairs away from your seat?
  • Options

Went in at HT and walked straight in and also after the match, both times coming from North upper.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think it's because the doorman outside has a counter of the number of people in crossbars. So he doesn't let too many in.
    Now if people are leaving via a different door, he would never know nd may refuse entry even though there is space.
  • Options
    edited September 2015

I think it's because the doorman outside has a counter of the number of people in crossbars. So he doesn't let too many in.
    Now if people are leaving via a different door, he would never know nd may refuse entry even though there is space.

Quite possibly. But let's be honest. We're talking about people, who sit in the Upper North and want to exit via said doors. So that they can be at their seat in literally 1 minute (as opposed to going down the stairs and out of the stadium in order to queue up, to come back in, to pretty much where they were in the first place.)

I suggest that most people wanting to go to their Upper North seats, will be after 2.30, when the bar is emptying, so there won't be an issue over how many people are in there. Perhaps, allow access straight to your seat after 2.30 ?

Whatever they do, there has to be a viable common sense solution.

• Options
    Common sense on Saturday, no fooking sense tonight. Queued up at No. 32, get to the scanner and tells me I should be using 34-36.
  • Options
    edited September 2015

Common sense on Saturday, no fooking sense tonight. Queued up at No. 32, get to the scanner and tells me I should be using 34-36.

You need to appreciate the bigger picture, the club has moved into the beginning of the 20th century and a new era when a bloke with a red flag had to walk in front of a motor car, only in our case we've replaced the need for a man to operate the turnstile with a computer that can do the job more efficiently as long as there's a man outside the turnstile telling you what to do and where to go when it doesn't work...
  • Options
    Reminds me of the time I went through Seoul airport when I noticed that the metal detector was going off when people walked through it because there was a girl the other side that I'm sure it looked like she seemed to be pressing a button each time