Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Need a natural left midfielder asap

Imo Fox has no outlet , hardly anyone within 25 yards of him when he receives the ball so generally has to pump up front where unfortunately for him in the first half Vetokele and Watt are gonna win fuck all in the air.
Really disappointed the club have not addressed this over the summer especially sinc3 the problem with Bulot.
If we can sort it out in the loan window a average season could possibly turn into a great one.

Comments

• Options
    Agree, this needs urgent attention. Today there seemed so much space on the left side and had no one the take advantage. I know people love fox on here but if we have no left winger we also have fox who will not take any one on, he will not overlap and will not run with the ball. In a way it's not fair on fox as we will scrutinise his attacking play more if there is no attacking threat on the left. Please charlton address this problem as we are close to being a very good team.
  • Options
    It's taken you how long to realise that?
  • Options
    Need an attacking midfielder
  • Options

Look we know it aint rocket science lad but today it was so glaringly obvious.
    It has been since Bulot left. I'm not sure where you've been but this is the area Luzon has been trying to sort all summer.
  • Options
    edited September 2015

Jacko

Jacko.

Left Midfield.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...... Unfortunately his days of running down the wing are long gone.
  • Options
    Cally Messi?!
  • Options
    edited September 2015

Cally Messi?!

Wash your mouth out, Weegie !

:wink:

• Options
    Whilst this is a big problem and needs addressing for me there is still something missing...
    I can't quite put my finger on what it is, maybe it's players still getting used to each other or adjusting to the league or a new system I don't know...

I feel like it's not quite clicked yet! Things don't flow. Maybe we need just one more signing that will make things tick.
    Or maybe we have all the players and we need one real fighting performance to galvanise the team or maybe they don't have the belief yet. I don't know but something is missing for sure.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Get an out an out left side attacking midfielder.

It's what is so glaringly obviously missing.

Poor Morgan being made a scapegoat again because he has no simple outlet to move the ball to.
  • Options
    I think the club and Luzon realise this which is why we tried but failed to get Henry from wolves. Ceballos also started their twice before he got injured so that's another option lost for now. With Luzon also mentioning trying to sign an attacking midfielder its an area everyone can see needs strengthening even more so after today. Hopefully we can get something sorted sooner rather than later.
  • Options

Look we know it aint rocket science lad but today it was so glaringly obvious.
    It has been since Bulot left. I'm not sure where you've been but this is the area Luzon has been trying to sort all summer.
    Is it really? Well i never! Thanks for the info
    What about using Buyens on the left.
  • Options
    We seemed to have a bit more width when Bergdich came on. Perhaps it's a case of Luzon choosing two centre mids instead of trying to accommodate all three and play Bergdich on the left?
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Get an out an out left side attacking midfielder.

It's what is so glaringly obviously missing.

Poor Morgan being made a scapegoat again because he has no simple outlet to move the ball to.

Poor Morgan can't pass the ball, but that would matter less if we had a proper left sided midfielder, who could be the main outlet. I said in the summer that Bulot would be our biggest loss, even bigger than Gomez and I stand by it
  • Options
    Bergdich
    Ceballos
    A. Loan
  • Options

We seemed to have a bit more width when Bergdich came on. Perhaps it's a case of Luzon choosing two centre mids instead of trying to accommodate all three and play Bergdich on the left?

This
    Luzon has to be tough and drop one of the three to give more balance.
  • Options

Whilst this is a big problem and needs addressing for me there is still something missing...
    I can't quite put my finger on what it is, maybe it's players still getting used to each other or adjusting to the league or a new system I don't know...

I feel like it's not quite clicked yet! Things don't flow. Maybe we need just one more signing that will make things tick.
    Or maybe we have all the players and we need one real fighting performance to galvanise the team or maybe they don't have the belief yet. I don't know but something is missing for sure.

Better manager?
  • Options

This
    Luzon has to be tough and drop one of the three to give more balance.
    Spot on. Tough choice; for me it's still Cousins and one other. Kashi has been awesome in the games when we have had less of the ball , but perhaps is less important when we have more possession. I really like Ba and I think he has the potential to be excellent
  • Options
    drewman said:

Better manager?
    I presume you would like to tempt Sir Alex out of retirement.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2015
    It's all been said about the balance being wrong and looked better when Bergdich came on. You might get away with this if you had an overlapping left back comfortable in forward positions or if you have a bit more creativity in midfield. That being said the front two in the first half weren't exactly running the channels and JBG couldn't trap a bag of cement as the 3rd striker on the right, he was much improved 2nd half though.
  • Options
    And yet on another day Cousins might have had two goals from left midfield in the first half. Bergdich will play most of the time there and I wouldn't be at all surprised if he started LM on Tuesday with Cousins in the middle and Ba on the bench.
  • Options
    Don't get any of the criticism for Fox
  • Options
    Could always play JBG on the left.
  • Options
    Should never have let Wiggins go!

• Options
    Seems weird to me playing Cousins left mid and having 2 unfit strikers together.

I rather change the system and play a pressing 4-3-3 where we can have our 3 centre mids together and push Gudmundsson on with either Mak or Watt as the main striker, lots of choices for left wing when fit Bergdich, Reza, KAG, Vetokele, Ceballos, Moussa all I think will perform better in a attacking system.
  • Options
    Need a natural left midfielder asap: Every time we sign a half decent one, he sustains a long term injury
  • Options

Could always play JBG on the left.

Thought we were just as poor going forward on the right as well - lost count of the amount of times JBG cut inside to a central position in the second half leaving a yawning gap in front of Solly - in the end Watt had to go wide to give Solly someone wide to pass to.

Most frustrating as he's our only really creative outlet but takes the ball into a crowded middle and if can't near enough to shoot ends up switching it back to the left
  • Options

Should never have let Wiggins go!

After being nutmegged on his debut which led to a goal,
    he was either injured or dropped for the game yesterday,
    Because i didn't see his name in the 18.

• Options
    Echo what people say and think big difference in second half is he seemed to push JBG 10 yards further forward right onto fullback with Watt drifting more wide left as in a 4-3-3 which left Solly with a lot more space. I saw that as a good sign because it showed Luzon is prepared to change it tactically and early.