Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Am I alone?

What a great turn out for the season ticket renewal and well done to all who have done so, but I haven't.

WHAT!!!!!!

WHY????

Well, organising the finances in time were an issue, but not the main one. Uncertainty over exactly who will be going with me next season and the season after, was an issue, but again not the main one.

The reason I have yet to renew is mostly down to good old fashioned superstition. Yes of course I will be purchasing my season ticket and yes of course I will take my usual place in the Upper Covered End, but not yet, not yet.

I realise that by hanging on and if the club go down I could be losing out financially the season after, but i just can't bring myself to admitting it's a possibility, even now.

So you see by not renewing early, I will not be tempting our footballing fate. If it works, forget Pards, you have me to thank.

Comments

• Options
    Come next season when we're all smugly NOT filling out our direct debit details you will regret it!
  • Options
    Really hope that you are our lucky charm but either way it means 16423 ST sold and counting.
  • Options
    Yep we've all been sucked in ... same outcome for me as last season but with less speculation, umms and ahhs!!
  • Options
    can't really understand if you were going to do it anyway, why you didn't when there is a sweetener on offer ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]can't really understand if you were going to do it anyway, why you didn't when there is a sweetener on offer ?

If they hadn't done the offer, In all likelihood I would now be renewed, well at least with two of the four. But the fact that the offer was linked to relegation, meant that I was somehow admitting the possibility by renewing in this way and while it is still possible that we wont be, I just can't bring myself to do it.

Financial sense, of course not, but if following this club was about financial sense, I would have given up long ago and so would the directors.

As I thought, on me own then!!!