Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I've sussed why we

edited May 2007 in General Charlton
are in the relegation zone.

Forget blaming Kish, Curbs, Mills, Dowie and Reed. There have been two other significant changes that have been completely ignored.

Open your local paper these days and you see an article by the fans director! On match days you just get your flask and blanket comfortably positioned and a bloomin' great flag lands on your 'ead!

Oh for the days of Sue Who and her predecessors. Complete anonymity and silence until election time when one could anxiously log onto the official site to be reassured by her looking back at you. Under Sue (so to speak!) one could sleep at night safe in the knowledge that she would quietly but firmly preside over a mid table finish. She was the Nick Ross of The Valley reminding us that although relegation does happen statistically it is unlikely to happen to us. Do sleep well and don't have nightmares. Now we have poor AFKA having nightmares about Spuds! All this razzmatazz is too much for the average Charlton fan! Less Initiative Irving and more Horlicks Henry that's what we need!

The poor players have had a seismic change to their pre match routine too. Old Ketters is now blasting their ears with his disco mixes or whatever they're called. How can they adjust from Curbs bringing in his Music For Pleasure Val Doonican's Greatest Hits or his vintage collection of Sing Something Simple tapes? Just think of the deep meaningful message a rendition of "Walk Tall" gave the players just before they went out. Now it's probably Shaggy (look at the effect that's had on Marcus Bent poor lad) or Puff Diddy (no wonder Darren gets confused sometimes).

As the great Frankie Valley has been known to say: I'm right aren't I?

:-)

Comments

• Options
    She also made sure her mates got tickets for all the matches they wanted (allegedly!) - none of this Valley Gold mallarkey! ;o)
  • Options
    " On match days you just get your flask and blanket comfortably positioned and a bloomin' great flag lands on your 'ead!"

lol now that has made me chuckle :-)
  • Options
    It's worth pointing out also that our record under Sue was simple: no relegations. Furthermore we only had one manager and used to win games away from home.

The record under Henry is one relegation (well almost) - if we do go down that's a 100% record and as Henry was elected while Curbs was in charge, indeed I think I'm right in saying before Curbs indicated that he wasn't going to renew his contract. So in a few short months that's Curbs, Dowie and Reed that have gone while Henry was our Fan's Director.

Surely there is nothing coincidental about all this?
  • Options
    It's all down to me and I take all the credit. You wanted excitement and you got it. Some people are never happy : - )