Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Luzon reaction to Blackburn defeat

Comments

• Options
    Obviously, Big Mak out of the Palace game
  • Options
    Fuck me we got 1 when we thought we'd get 9. At least we aren't Chelsea.
  • Options
    He's positive of course .. It's worrying how much we depend on Makienok .. lately no BigMak = nil points .. Luzon has to work with an underpowered squad .. Reza looked good until that dirty bastard Mills crippled him at Forest, Cerebos has potential, both are unavailable .. just take the money at Palace and run (though a result would be great for morale) and worry about the 3 points in offer in the principality next weekend
  • Options

Well make up your Mind CL's do you want a Bob Peeters who slags his players off in public or do want someone who stays positive ? (sort it out at Sparrows lane if need be) or a Tim sherwood who look like he going to burst into Tears after a defeat.

We have had a poor 8 days and 3 matches since the International break.

When ever Big Mak is not on the field or is not 100% fit we struggle.
    at the back defending corners. is that 3 now when he has been absent.
    Wolves,Rotherham and Blackburn.

It may well be a no shit sherlock but he is right in that the first Goal is paramount,
    despite it not making any difference at Wolves. It did against Rotherham,Huddersfield and Blackburn.

After advising Guy in a friendly way at H/T against Norwich to always play 2 strikers at home,(that's what the two finger salute meant guy, honest) I will continue to give him 100% support because it's not his fault the club wouldn't meet Wolves evaluation of James Henry.
    Not being able to replace Fred Bulot (Post African Nations) is showing already.
    Having so many strikers not 100% fit so early in the season is damaging plus Igor Vetokele going AWOL is going to Hurt if it carry's on.

After Luzon's 1st two weeks this is another Mini crisis on the bumpy road.
    most fans won't stay positive because it's not in their DNA.
    There CAFC till they die or 3-0 down. Whatever comes first.

Just remind me when Peeters slagged our players off. You may be right but I can't remember when he did that.
  • Options
    Mourinho slagged off Hazzard 2 years ago ... and it helped (back then).
  • Options

Well make up your Mind CL's do you want a Bob Peeters who slags his players off in public or do want someone who stays positive ? (sort it out at Sparrows lane if need be) or a Tim sherwood who look like he going to burst into Tears after a defeat.

It may well be a no shit sherlock but he is right in that the first Goal is paramount,
    despite it not making any difference at Wolves. It did against Rotherham,Huddersfield and Blackburn.

After advising Guy in a friendly way at H/T against Norwich to always play 2 strikers at home,(that's what the two finger salute meant guy, honest) I will continue to give him 100% support because it's not his fault the club wouldn't meet Wolves evaluation of James Henry.
    Having so many strikers not 100% fit so early in the season is damaging plus Igor Vetokele going AWOL is going to Hurt if it carry's on.

Just remind me when Peeters slagged our players off. You may be right but I can't remember when he did that.
    Didn't he comment on Ben Haim going walkabout when Ipswich scored a late goal on a TV game?
  • Options
    I’m torn between Luzon’s and Wenger’s views on defeat.

(Luzon after 3 0 defeat at Ewood Park).
    “But in life and football, you need to pass this kind of obstacle and I continue to believe that we have a good team and good players and I believe in them.”

Wenger after 5 1 defeat at Anfield last season.
    “Every defeat is a scar in your heart … forever”. (French accent essential)

Rumour has it Alex Ferguson was less poetic
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The Ben Haim comments was the most high profile and Tal talked about it months later.
    but even from the first game at Brentford when Callum had the chance to put us 2 up with 12 minutes to go and somehow managed to hit the crossbar with button out of his goal.
    Just say disappointed not to take all points but first game of season the players will get sharper in front of goal.
    Then one afternoon at training(extra training session) i would replicate that move until Callum scored 20 in a row by passing the ball into the net(could be a long afternoon !)
    I would assure him that's he not getting detention, but it will help his game in the long run.
    I guess you either got man management skills or you hasn't.

TBF to Big Bob he always supported Pope even thou he left it to Ben Roberts to decide when Henderson would come back into the side after his first injury.
    (Ben Roberts stated this at the Bromley Addicts meeting a year ago)

If you try to be Alex Ferguson or Brian Clough and rule by fear then you better make sure you keep winning,(which they both did most of the time)

It's small margins in football, And Bob Peeters would still be here now if
    Tucadean,Bikey, and Igor had put away very good chances in the last minutes in games against Millwall,Blackpool and Cardiff at the Valley during the 3 months of misery last season.

• Options

The Ben Haim comments was the most high profile and Tal talked about it months later.
    but even from the first game at Brentford when Callum had the chance to put us 2 up with 12 minutes to go and somehow managed to hit the crossbar with button out of his goal.
    Just say disappointed not to take all points but first game of season the players will get sharper in front of goal.
    Then one afternoon at training(extra training session) i would replicate that move until Callum scored 20 in a row by passing the ball into the net(could be a long afternoon !)
    I would assure him that's he not getting detention, but it will help his game in the long run.

TBF to Big Bob he always supported Pope even thou he left it to Ben Roberts to decide when Henderson would come back into the side after his first injury.

If you try to be Alex Ferguson or Brian Clough and rule by fear then you better make sure you keep winning,(which they both did most of the time)

Tucadean,Bikey, and Igor had put away very good chances in the last minutes in games against Millwall,Blackpool and Cardiff at the Valley during the 3 months of misery last season.

BP would still be there if RD had given him an additional 2 players ...
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Classic. RD can spend all the money he likes on players and wages but it's never enough is it. Bloke needs bankrupt himself and eat bread off the pavement before he's spent enough in the eyes of Charlton fans.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

dickplumb said:

colin1961 said:

Luzon correct we had the chances first half to go in at HT in front , Watt should have done a lot better , but at least we are creating the problem starts when you don't create chances because that's a far bigger problem that we have seen in the past

Come on Colin, even somebody as one eyed as you must see that we have been poor in the last three games. I admire you sticking up for them but you seem unable to see what is in front of you. I notice that Reams has done a complete U turn and wants Meire and Duchalet out, surprise, surprise.

We were not poor against Rotherhan first half we played very well but there keeper kept them in it and we all lnow what the ref did ....
    Agree with you to a point BUT that was one of three games where we did not win against teams in the bottom five. That is not good enough..

Yesterday was a dreadful 'day at the office' and if you do not think so you look at things in a different way to most of us.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Luzon correct we had the chances first half to go in at HT in front , Watt should have done a lot better , but at least we are creating the problem starts when you don't create chances because that's a far bigger problem that we have seen in the past

yes you are right Colin upto the 45th minute, the game was even and we were as good as Blackburn, there were at least 2 good chances, one where Cousins put a delightful ball over the top for Watt to miss, another where Bergdich, I think, put in a delightful cross from the left but neither Watt ot JBG nowhere near it. At the other end Pope had made at least 3 great saves all brought about by poor defending.

then Blackburn scored and we disintegrated
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

skywalker said:

BP would still be there if RD had given him an additional 2 players ...
    No he would not because he was sacked for non footballing reasons
    I know that was rumoured, but was that really the case ? RD did pay him for another half year.
  • Options

Keep up fella. He slagged off several players in training speaking Flemish and was outed by JBG (I think) who understood his comments.
  • Options
    Luzon will be on his way before the end of October unless he can magic up some results from somewhere.
    A thin squad, CS = poor captain (although a good player), injuries and lack of investment in squad players mean we are in for a shaky run in the next few weeks.

Still.......at least we have Moussa to come back, Pigott and Harriot available for recall, and loads of money left from the Gomez sale - nothing to worry about with that lot up your sleeve :smile:
  • Options

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Our friend Roland falls into this category I'm afraid... our coaches have been more than capable, the squad depth is the problem, teams know how we're going to shape up weeks in advance.

I feel slightly sorry for Luzon, we're over budget yet we look a few key injuries away from not being able to field a near competitive team. It's dangerous.

We haven't really fielded a competitive team in the last four league games though have we? We're already at that stage.