Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

When Did We Last Beat Palace?

i know we say we're not bothered about this game, and just want to get our league form back on track, but when did we last beat Palace?
I saw us beat them at Scumhirst when Toddy netted, and also when Johnnie Fortune sent them packing to the championship, and also Dennis in the last minute, so by deduction, is it when Toddy netted?

Guys and gals this is a one off game, anything could happen, we could either roll over and have our tummies tickled, or nick a famous 1 nil win ( bet you'd get good odds on that at the moment) it's a funny old game as a certain TV pundit once said.

Comments

• Options
    No, I'm pretty sure we beat them the year we went down to League 1 - maybe Matt Spring scoring?

Other people here will certainly know this better than me though...
    I'm pretty sure the Todorov game was before the game when Varney scored 2 as well.
  • Options

i know we say we're not bothered about this game, and just want to get our league form back on track, but when did we last beat Palace?
    I saw us beat them at Scumhirst when Toddy netted, and also when Johnnie Fortune sent them packing to the championship, and also Dennis in the last minute, so by deduction, is it when Toddy netted?

Guys and gals this is a one off game, anything could happen, we could either roll over and have our tummies tickled, or nick a famous 1 nil win ( bet you'd get good odds on that at the moment) it's a funny old game as a certain TV pundit once said.

Just to be picky, we didn't beat them when Fortune's goal sent them down, a draw was good enough.
  • Options
    Who said we're not bothered about this game? As a team that will probably not be struggling with a relegation battle, and will definitely not be pushing for playoffs, this is the only game I am properly excited about this season.
  • Options

No, I'm pretty sure we beat them the year we went down to League 1 - maybe Matt Spring scoring?

I'm pretty sure the Todorov game was before the game when Varney scored 2 as well.

All correct. 1-0 at theirs, todorov; 2-0 at home, Varney; lost 1-0 at at selhurst early in the relegation season, beat them 1-0, Spring, ending 4 months without a league win.
  • Options
    What was the Friday night game, was that the Varney one?
  • Options
    Varney game was a Friday night. Spring game was also an evening game but not sure if that was Friday or midweek.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Just to be picky, we didn't beat them when Fortune's goal sent them down, a draw was good enough.
    A draw, of course, I somehow think we always beat them in that match as it had a bearing on their season.

• Options
    MrLargo said:

All correct. 1-0 at theirs, todorov; 2-0 at home, Varney; lost 1-0 at at selhurst early in the relegation season, beat them 1-0, Spring, ending 4 months without a league win.
    But what were the actual dates? How long ago were they?
  • Options
    2007/08 and 2008/09 seasons, not sure of dates, Spring winner was in January
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    better record than against the wall........
  • Options
    02.02.2013 LCh Crystal Palace 2-1 Charlton Athletic
    14.09.2012 LCh Charlton Athletic 0-1 Crystal Palace
    27.01.2009 LCh Charlton Athletic 1-0 Crystal Palace
    30.09.2008 LCh Crystal Palace 1-0 Charlton Athletic
    08.02.2008 LCh Charlton Athletic 2-0 Crystal Palace
    01.09.2007 LCh Crystal Palace 0-1 Charlton Athletic
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

2007/08 and 2008/09 seasons, not sure of dates, Spring winner was in January

Can't believe that was only in January. I remember the feeling of the inevitability of relegation but with so long to go shows just how poor we were that season.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

Who said we're not bothered about this game? As a team that will probably not be struggling with a relegation battle, and will definitely not be pushing for playoffs, this is the only game I am properly excited about this season.

Agree. Let's face it, we're not going anywhere atm. This could be the highlight of our season. Yeah, the points are great. But turning palace over at selhurst would live so much longer in the memory.
  • Options
    Remember as well during the year we relegated Palace from the Premier League we played them in the League Cup.

At the time we were by far the stronger side yet lost 2-1 thanks to a couple of Dougie Freedman goals... Lets hope history repeats itself on Wednesday and the better placed side gets stuffed again
  • Options
    ^^ was thinking the same thing. Didn't palace have a man sent off as well? Sandor Torghelle?
  • Options

I saw us beat them at Scumhirst when Toddy netted, and also when Johnnie Fortune sent them packing to the championship, and also Dennis In the last minute, so by deduction, is it when Toddy netted?

Famous??? Blimey it's a (early round) League Cup game against Palace not a Wembley final against United, Arsenal or a host of proper teams. Yes, they are having a purple patch at the moment and yes, in some peoples eyes they are considered rivals, but let's not kid ourselves that anyone outside of the two teams involved is interested in the slightest. Our form's been miserable ever since the draw and frankly I can't wait for Thursday morning so we can get over what appears to be a massive distraction.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
  • Options

^^ was thinking the same thing. Didn't palace have a man sent off as well? Sandor Torghelle?

Yup correct.
  • Options

Remember as well during the year we relegated Palace from the Premier League we played them in the League Cup.

At the time we were by far the stronger side yet lost 2-1 thanks to a couple of Dougie Freedman goals... Lets hope history repeats itself on Wednesday and the better placed side gets stuffed again

Think that's still the only time I've ever booed off a Charlton side. Palace played their reserves, who played like it was a derby match whilst we had a full strength side out and they played like it was a pre-season friendly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrLargo said:

Boom, do I get any Anorak Points?
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Think that's still the only time I've ever booed off a Charlton side. Palace played their reserves, who played like it was a derby match whilst we had a full strength side out and they played like it was a pre-season friendly.
    I was at that one... the sending off was for a dive, his second yellow, and we still lost... we were utter toilet that night...