Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Line-up for the cup

I suppose a lot of people will have written off the cup game after the last 3 performances.

We need either to suddenly discover good form or to make big changes formation wise.

Player changes probably wouldn't make a huge difference although I'd be tempted to find a space for JJ
for the character he brings to the side not to mention his goalscoring ability in big games.

With Palace's ability down the wings but failure to score in their last 2, I'd go for a defensive 4-5-1 personally
with Cousins, Ba, Kashi, JJ, & JBG in the midfield. If we can keep things tight we might increase in confidence
and have some attacking substitutions late on. I know it's inviting pressure but...

On the bright side we have nothing to lose as we're not expecting much.

Comments

• Options
    No thanks. Not only is cousins out wide, Jackson is in the starting line up and we only have one upfront. Can't remember the last time that worked for us. As much as Jackson brings leadership and passion to the table the palace team would walk past him and have time for a quick cup of tea before he caught up to them. Not only that but Cousins drifting in is dangerous at the best of times leaving Fox exposed. Imagine it against Sako/ Zaha/ Bolasie. Finally, who do we have who can actually perform upfront alone? Watt comes in too deep, Igor is unfit and Makienok needs someone to play off him. I think we need to just keep it simple, a few tweaks in training to iron out the errors we've seen in the last few weeks and hope for the best.
    As you said nobodies expecting anything so we might as well just go for it.
  • Options
    Henderson
    Solly, Bauer, Diarra, Fox
    JBG, Cousins, Kashi, Ba, Harriett
    Mak
  • Options
    Sarr & Bauer will play in defence.
    Diarra will play in centre midfield with Kashi & Cousins.
    Jackson will play on the left.
  • Options
    CafcSteve said:

Sarr & Bauer will play in defence.
    Diarra will play in centre midfield with Kashi & Cousins.
    Jackson will play on the left.

Cheers Guy.
  • Options
    Assuming Mak's not fit, Diarra rested.

Pope
    Solly Bauer Sarr Fox
    JBG Cousins Kashi Jackson McAleny
    Watt

Mitov, Diarra, Bergdich, Ba, Kennedy, Ahearne-Grant, Vetokele
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Pope
    Solly Bauer Sarr THD
    JBG JJ Ba McAleny
    KAG Makienok

Mitov Diarra Cousins Kashi Muldoon Kennedy Watt

Don't care about the score really, just want to swear at a load of pricks wearing black and BigNoseChunt Pardoo for 2 hours straight
  • Options
    Fck'em, even if we get stuffed, they are still palaarse so ultimately we always win
  • Options
    Pope
    Solly, Bauer, Diarra, Fox
    JBG, Kashi, Jackson, Ba, Cousins
    Mak
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd go:

Pope

Sarr Diarra Bauer

Solly Fox

Jackson Cousins

JBG McLaney
    Mak
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Don't care about the score really, just want to swear at a load of pricks wearing black and BigNoseChunt Pardoo for 2 hours straight

This!
  • Options
    If Bolasie, Zaha or Sako play and are on their game ?

Talking in the Vernacular of our younger readers:

Our defenders me be ? Ripped a new one.

Or talking Middle age and older ?

will be tied in more knots than a visit to your local Domintrixs ?
    With the lashes to Follow ?

We must dare to win.
    NO PAIN,NO GAIN.
  • Options
    Unless he's injured, Charles Cook looks likely to start as not featuring for the u21s