Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Loans

I know as Charlton fans we naturally hate loans...

But I think we need to start looking at the loan market and see who we could bring in. I think we need to look for a mixture of seasoned veterans and also players who have been in and out of championship and Premier league sides.

Also we need about 26 of them.

Anyone know of any players that would make good loanees?

Comments

• Options
    Guy Luzon - "No more players coming in" - 17 September - http://www.southlondonpress.co.uk/article.cfm?id=3512
    Katrien Miere - "we've exceeded our playing budget this summer" - 6 September - http://www.charlton.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=412646

Not gonna happen. If we do another 3 month win-less stint like last season then Roland might eventually loosen the purse strings enough for us to borrow someone from Ujpest reserves.
  • Options
    Insanely poor decision making, we must be paying some hefty wages!
  • Options

I don't hate loans, it's paying them back I can't stand.

I want to be a loan...
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

well, we all clamored for Cousins and JBG to be given new extended contracts and they were. Now we are reaping the rewards. Can't have it all can we?
  • Options
    Use loans in the right way and they work well.

I.E. Boruc to Bournemouth at the beginning of last season.
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

well, we all clamored for Cousins and JBG to be given new extended contracts and they were. Now we are reaping the rewards. Can't have it all can we?
    No. But then above them staying I'd prefer the club looked towards getting us promoted.
  • Options
    The sun is reporting we are trying to get will buckley in on loan
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think there is more likely deals to be done with out of contract players if we need them.

Surprised we didn't sign Pennant but maybe he wanted too much £ that we were willing to offer.

If Jacko's not going to be used i'd like us to sign Kevin Nolan.
  • Options

I think there is more likely deals to be done with out of contract players if we need them.

Surprised we didn't sign Pennant but maybe he wanted too much £ that we were willing to offer.

Jackson and Nolan are in exactly the same boat, they can't get a game because their legs have gone. Personally I hope we sign someone with their career ahead of them rather than an old pro like Nolan who'll be after a last payday.
  • Options

Nolan would be good .. BUT .. Orient suits him right now .. he's been on Sky a few times and is (I reckon) in trainee manager mode .. his ambitions are better suited to playing for a small(ish) club (and we are MASSIVE) ((:>)
  • Options

Douchatelet realised that one of our supporters had heard of him so quickly pulled the plug.

• Options
    Just hope we dont get one of those Quick Quid loans... Our transfer budget next summer would be gone on the interest we'd be paying