Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cardiff match day

Hi All,

Going up to Cardiff on saturday and was wondering where a decent pub is thats close to the ground?

Any helps appriciated, cheers.

Comments

• Options
    Can we pay at turnstile on the day? Website doesn't specify yes or no.
  • Options
    Town centre, you have loads to choose from.
  • Options
    last year we were in the walkabout place is huge and they have lots of telly's and a projector screen, and with there being no early rugby wc game, they should have spurs man city match on
  • Options

Hi All,

Going up to Cardiff on saturday and was wondering where a decent pub is thats close to the ground?

Any helps appriciated, cheers.

Canton is by Ninian train station. As long as you do not wear colours you will be fine, there are numerous boozers in the area.
  • Options
    Pubs opposite the Millenium Stadium are very good
  • Options
    Cardiff city centre is probably your best bet. Lots of the usual Walkabout type places. Mill Lane is a slightly poncey but decent enough wine bar district that's close to Cardiff Central train station (one stop to Ninian Park station for Cardiff's ground).
    Canton is also an option. Lots of pubs but can be rough in places and I definitely wouldn't wear colours.
  • Options
    Canton is a bit of a home supporters area, the town centre has a far more mixed crowd (football and non football). Last season many Charlton fans went to the Gatekeeper, a Wetherspoons in Westgate Street near the Millennium Stadium/Arms Park
  • Options
    Thanks everyone, will prob go to Cardiff city center i expect if its a bit more relaxed, i wont be wearing colours but don't fancy having to keep looking over my shoulder in the rougher parts.
  • Options

Thanks everyone, will prob go to Cardiff city center i expect if its a bit more relaxed, i wont be wearing colours but don't fancy having to keep looking over my shoulder in the rougher parts.

Canton will be no problem at all, we were there after the game last season.

Only ten minutes walk from the ground as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Better get over to this thread seeing as it is such an important match.

Where is everybody?!