Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Injuries - De ja vu

I was just sitting here thinking about last nights game, the team selection and manager's comments regarding the team selection (enough said) and it got me thinking about our injuries...I can't remember some of the players Luzon mentioned getting injured? Does anyone know who is injured and what their injury is? Also - when is Henderson due back? We had this last season with him and his shoulder? In fact, we seem to have 'injury woes' every season.....are we just really, really unlucky or are we buying players who are prone to injury? It just seems to be the same every season.....injuries, excuses, young squad, players coming through etc.

Comments

• Options
    There is a difference between the injuries we seem to be getting (slight pulls, knocks, illness) and other more substantial issues (broken legs, cruciates, etc); we try to manage the pulls by taking off players at the first sign, the reason being that it is better to get a player off and for him to miss a couple or three weeks with a slightly pulled hammy than lose him for well over a month with a torn muscle.

The key is always in recovery time, which is difficult at the start of a season with Saturday/Tuesday games, and also when you have a small squad. We are suffering from both at present.

Makienok puled his hammy at Wolves, then again vs Rotherham. Jackson was injured in training this week. Igor missed one game through illness, and has been fighting to get his heel/tendon/calf back to full strength all season. Watt has taken a couple of kicks in various games, and Ceballos took a bad kick vs Hull. Luzon has mentioned all these at times but is economical with the truth when it comes to disclosing his team at press conferences.

I saw Hendo in the pub about a month ago and it looked like he would be back after the 1st International break; it now looks like it will be after the second one.

Each season is different, but being a Charlton fan they can seem the same!
  • Options
    As someone said yesterday, if players are cheap/unattached there may be a good reason for that.
  • Options
    The main issue is again the lack of depth in the squad - we notice the injuries more.

• Options
    name 'em

• Options
    Not signing a full back that can cover right back and left back is silly.

Left wing i think RD could argue we have Moussa, Cellabos, Bergdich and Cousins who can all play there!

Right wing not so much as we only have JBG and Kennedy?
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for your comments, but could I ask, can anyone list who is actually injured? I'm still cant find any reference to some of the players mentioned actually getting injured or what their injury is? They are just now being ruled out of Saturday's game? why, what has happened to them?
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

name 'em

Henderson
    Solly
    Fox
    Diarra
    Moussa
    Jackson
    Carballos
    Watt
    Vetokele
    Big Mc
    Tariq Dennis
    Reza
    Jesus... We could almost form a 11-men team out of this list if you know what I mean.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

name 'em

Henderson
    Solly
    Fox
    Diarra
    Moussa
    Jackson
    Carballos
    Watt
    Vetokele
    Big Mc
    Tariq Dennis
    Reza
    Except half these are not injured!

Solly, Fox and Diarra played last night, while Watt and THD were subs. Unless they all pulled up injured, your statement is piffle. Moussa is coming back to fitness so is not injured any longer. Only Hendo, Jackson, Mak, Reza, and Ceballos can be claimed as currently injured, while Igor has not been fully fit for ages.
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

colin1961 said:

name 'em

Henderson
    Solly
    Fox
    Diarra
    Moussa
    Jackson
    Carballos
    Watt
    Vetokele
    Big Mc
    Tariq Dennis
    Reza
    Except half these are not injured!

Solly, Fox and Diarra played last night, while Watt and THD were subs. Unless they all pulled up injured, your statement is piffle. Moussa is coming back to fitness so is not injured any longer. Only Hendo, Jackson, Mak, Reza, and Ceballos can be claimed as currently injured, while Igor has not been fully fit for ages.
    he did say either out or carrying an injury though. Diarra is out (red card), Solly has historic knee injuries although I am not sure how much an issue these are anymore, Watt has carried an injury since the second game of the season and doesn't seem to move freely at the moment so that may be what he meant

I don't know about THD or what the matter is with Fox

Charles-Cook is injured as well

the rest are either injured or are in the recovery of injury and therefore not fully fit
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You really are a donut Colin. Making up names of players who are injured, when they are not injured. Can you not see that our squad is not strong enough. You are like a dog with a bone. When do you think we are going to win again Colin.
  • Options
    When did we sign Carballos @colin1961?
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

name 'em

Henderson
    Solly
    Fox
    Diarra
    Moussa
    Jackson
    Carballos
    Watt
    Vetokele
    Big Mc
    Tariq Dennis
    Reza
  • Options
    We think we have problems, Man City are moaning because they only had 11 fit first team players against Sunderland, which they manage to win 4-1.
    City:
    Caballero, Sagna, Otamendi, Demichelis, Kolarov, Fernando, Toure (Evans 89), Navas (Roberts 55), De Bruyne, Sterling, Aguero (M Garcia 74)

Unused subs:
    Wright, Maffeo, Fernandinho, Barker

It must be hard with this team with only these players
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Maybe we should be signing some more physios when the transfer window opens, sounds like they've got their work cut out this season.
  • Options
    Credit to Ketts on Dr Kish, update on injuries, this is the first paragraph only:

Currently on the injured list are Stephen Henderson, Johnnie Jackson, Simon Makienok, Cristian Ceballos, Igor Vetokele, Reza Ghoochannejhad and Regan Charles-Cook, while Franck Moussa has recently returned after nearly a year out.

All out this weekend, apart from Moussa
  • Options
    Though Jackson and Vetekele were seen training (running) for an hour at SL last Monday, and Big Mak has said (on social media) he will be back soon. My guess is Jacko will be a sub ion Sunday, possibly Igor too, but Mak will be held back so his hammy gets another couple of weeks to fully recover.
  • Options
    So we can't piece together a team out of the following due to injuries?:

Goalkeepers
    1 Henderson
    27 Mitov
    30 Pope
    Beeney

Defenders
    5 Bauer
    6 Sarr
    17 Holmes-Dennis
    19 Bergdich
    20 Solly
    21 Fox
    26 Lennon

Midfielders
    3 Kashi
    4 Jackson
    7 Berg Gudmundsson
    8 Cousins
    10 Ceballos
    12 Diarra
    22 Ba
    24 Charles-Cook
    44 Moussa
    Aribo

Forwards
    18 Ahearne-Grant
    9 Makienok
    14 Vetokele
    16 Ghoochannejhad
    28 McAleny
    31 Kennedy
    32 Watt
    33 Muldoon
    35 Umerah

Ive put a line through those that aren't quite there yet or are injured.
  • Options
    I think Moussa will be there, if only on the bench, plus Lennon (although you marked him out) is going out on loan. Presume Watt and KAG, or JBG playing behind Watt, an experiment that has not worked yet
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So I'd go with:

---------NP
    CS----PB----AD----MF
    JBG----EHB----JC----CM
    --------KAG
    ----------TW

Subs
    DM
    NS
    ZB
    THD
    RCC
    AK
    IV
  • Options
    As we are at home - we need two up front. KAG or IV. I'd probably start with bergdich on left - not because he deserves his place, but because of limited options.