Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

ATTENTION PLEASE: Johnnie Jackson tweeted before kick off that he had picked up an injury

in training.

[close thread]

Comments

• thanks Colin ;-))
  • Please are still asking where he was at 10am this morning... just helping.
  • So we picked up an injury trying to speed Jackson into full match fitness before resting players in a match, to avoid injuries. :-)

Just about sums up the day eh!......
    Did we not have a spell of players picking up injuries in training a while back , and it got to the stage where people were questioning the regime at Sparrows lane in why so many players were having this happen!. If there was a player I would have wanted on the park yesterday evening it was Jackson, not that I think he would have lasted more than 60 minutes, but for his leadership. How we lasted that first half without conceding was very flattering to us, and very poor finishing by Palace. Not sure of the tactics last night on the pitch, needed jackson there to sort it.
  • We need his leadership on the pitch, but his time on it and his ability to compete at this level has past. Frustrating
  • edited September 2015
    cabbles said:

We need his leadership on the pitch, but his time on it and his ability to compete at this level has past. Frustrating

Really don't get this writing Jackson off thing, I think he could still more than hold his place in this team especially with young legs around him. He would be quicker than Ba on the ball!!!! and we need a captain and a leader and we ain't got anyone else
  • cabbles said:

We need his leadership on the pitch, but his time on it and his ability to compete at this level has past. Frustrating

Really don't get this writing Jackson off thing, I think he could still more than hold his place in this team especially with young legs around him. He would be quicker than Ba on the ball!!!!
    I can only on what I saw against D&R THIS SEASON. I just think the midfield would be absolutely overrun with him in the team, thus making his partner in the centre work doubly hard. He was okay against D&R, but players were ghosting past him quite easily. You then have to factor in we're two leagues up and struggling.

I want his leadership on the pitch, that's what we're missing, but given the current state of our team, I think it would be a big mistake to stick him in there. It's difficult.

• Curb_It said:

Please are still asking where he was at 10am this morning... just helping.

So...where was he at 10am this morning? I've gots to know.....
  • Ruxley Garden Centre, buying a fishtank
  • Fumbluff said:

Ruxley Garden Centre, buying a fishtank

Sits there all evening, pointing at it, going "fiiiiiisssshhhhh......"
  • Sponsored links:

• So we picked up an injury trying to speed Jackson into full match fitness before resting players in a match, to avoid injuries. :-)

Just about sums up the day eh!......
    Did we not have a spell of players picking up injuries in training a while back , and it got to the stage where people were questioning the regime at Sparrows lane in why so many players were having this happen!. If there was a player I would have wanted on the park yesterday evening it was Jackson, not that I think he would have lasted more than 60 minutes, but for his leadership. How we lasted that first half without conceding was very flattering to us, and very poor finishing by Palace. Not sure of the tactics last night on the pitch, needed jackson there to sort it.
    Yes. Can't remember the season but it was when Parker was out for the first two months of the season when he picked up a "slight knock" in pre -season. IIRC that sort of thing had been happening previous season, we 'd been moaning about it more and more, but the club denied there was anything unusual. But after Parker, they turned round and made more than one sacking in the medical and fitness area.
  • Simonsen said:

Curb_It said:

McDonald's drive through on the A13, he was ordering a Big Mac.
  • He wasn't really injured, he had tickets for the Spurs Arsenal match :smile:
  • Simonsen said:

Curb_It said:

McDonald's drive through on the A13, he was ordering a Big Mac.
    Still serving the breakfast menu at 10am.

Big Macs don't come on until 1030.
  • cabbles said:

True . As much as I love Jacko, we are clutching at straws if we think he will make a difference on the pitch