Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I'd just like to say......

edited May 2007 in General Charlton
Whether we go down or by some miracle stay up, in my opinion, this has been the most exciting season in this Premiership run.

Comments

• Options
    was actually thinking about their earlier. I still think the Di Canio, parker season was our best, but other than that, i've even enjoyed this more than all the others.
  • Options
    Beating Chelsea 4-2 the high point in our premiership career, watching it on Dutch TV having agreed to go away for Xmas before the fixtures were out and watching it on a 90 minutes delayed as live feed. Oh Joy.....
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I'm with you DJDD. I guess if Pards had not come and we had not got ourselves in with a shout of staying up, we might not be saying this.

What I like so much this season (post Les), is the desire of fans to try and make a positive difference. I know you always get some who slag off and moan. Lets face it, as long-suffering fans we have the right to complain. Since Pards arrival however there has been a genuine feeling of winning and losing together.

Saturday was a classic example. I really enjoyed the day. I felt we got behind the team brilliantly. We felt intense pain as their goals went in but it was OUR pain, the team and management were OUR boys. In a way I wanted to put a protective arm around them and say "never mind boys we're all with you". Although hugely disappointed I wouldn't have missed it for the world. I feel closer to my club than ever.

I will be gutted if we go down but I can't wait for next season. This season has been a journey of discovery for all of us and although the destination may not be the one we all desire, I know, like our own children, we will be content with where ever is acheived.

CHARLTON 'TIL I DIE!!